+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office Singapore or Bangkok?

Rabbit01

Jan 24, 2010
My wife and I have started to gather the necessary documentation for my wife's PR application. She lives in Thailand and I am in Canada.

During a recent visit to Thailand, we went to one of the DMPs in Bangkok and had the medical examination done. The DMP identified Bangkok as the Visa Office on the Medical Report. I spoke to him about this, as my understanding was that Bangkok does not handle Spousal applications, and that Singapore was the correct office.

He told me that this was his standard reporting for all Spousal Medical Reports.

Has anyone else has this experience, and has there been any impact on the application timeline?

Thanks,
Rabbit01

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are right. Your DMP was wrong.

Bangkok does not process spousal applicants. They only process temporary visas (tourist, study or work visas). Singapore handles all PR applications.

I don't think this will be an issue as long as you identify Singapore as your visa office on your application. Her medical will go to a regional medical centre where it will stay until requested by the visa office. If you are concerned, then I would contact the visa office in Singapore. Contact info. is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/singapore.asp

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
If I may ask, which medical office did you go to? We are planning on going to the PSE clinic close to the end of next month.

Thanks and good luck with your processing!

Rabbit01

Jan 24, 2010
Thanks ariell!!

Hycore, we went to the PSE Clinic. It was a good choice. Just remind them to put "Singapore" on the Medical Report!

We are just waiting on the police certificate and translations. We used Express Translation Service at Mahutan Plaza. Also a good choice. We used them for my marriage affidavit. Nattacha was advised to take the documents and translations to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be notarized. Same process as the affidavit.

Has anyone else had experience with this, and specifically Bangkok's eventual review of the background information? The geographical checklist (IMM 3906] states "send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals". The translations are certified, but not notarized. We'll get it done, just to be sure, but any advice on the peculiarities of Singapore and Bangkok would be appreciated.

Thanks!

annieann13

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
09-07-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2010
LANDED..........
13-01-2011
I have a friend who had done this before. You suppose to send your PR application to Singapore office, but your wife has to undergo a medical examination to the MP designated in Bangkok, who will report your wife results to CIC.

Once your sponsorship is approved, CIC will inform you with the letter. Then they will send your case to your designated office (Singapore office, for Thais who apply for PRV). After that, it is gonna be the process between your wife and Singapore office. If Singapore office requires your wife to attend an interview, your wife will be sat in Bangkok office for that. They will interview your wife unless they suspect your relationship.

Hope this helps