+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office Selection

icebearius

Jul 20, 2014
Hello everyone,

I live in Germany and have a german permanent residence permit. However, my country of nationality is Belarus.

I have found that I can select the visa office that serves my country of residence (Germany: Vienna-Austria) or my country of nationality (Belarus: Warsaw-Poland). Is there a way to do it during the online application process? If no, which of these two visa offices is selected by default? Can I apply on paper and mail in my application to the preferred visa office?

Thank you

swords1010

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 June 2014
Passport Req..
10 June 2014
Don't bother applying on paper. Just look at questions 7 and 9 in the app form. Question 9 shows where you will be expected to send your passport uppon its request. ;] Basically this is the country, where you presently ARE. It doesn't necessarily have to be the country of your citizenship or the country of your permanent residence. ::) You apply from within the country of your current residence.

icebearius

Jul 20, 2014
Thank you for the reply.

The problem is that the visa office that serves the country of my current residence (Germany) is in Vienna, Austria. The processing time is 36 days. I have no chance to obtain visa in time. I just received an invitation letter from the organisers of the workshop, a satellite of the international conference. It starts on August 14, 2014.

The visa office that serves the country of my nationality (Belarus) is in Warsaw, Poland. The processing time is just 5 days. Can I send my application on paper (including passport) to Warsaw instead of Vienna?