+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa got deactivated due to medical problem

Rohit abhol

Apr 5, 2024
I got my visa in the month of April 2023 because of my visa stamping got delayed I have to take defer for next intake that is September 2023. My medical got expired in month of may 2023 so I have to reappear for medical exam and in that exam I got some problems in it and got mail from embassy that my visa is deactivated until I resolve all the issues and visit panel physician and when all the problems are resolved your doctors will upload all the required medical information in e medical system and then inform us by raising the web form to reactivate your visa. As my visa is expiring on 30th April 2024 all my medical reports has been uploaded by my doctor and I have raised my web form, can my visa get activated before the end of this month and I have called ircc regarding information and they have said I have to reapply for my visa as they cannot activate it. Please help me I got my visa after 7 refusals I am in very depressed state now. Please help me if anyone has something related to this issue

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got my visa in the month of April 2023 because of my visa stamping got delayed I have to take defer for next intake that is September 2023. My medical got expired in month of may 2023 so I have to reappear for medical exam and in that exam I got some problems in it and got mail from embassy that my visa is deactivated until I resolve all the issues and visit panel physician and when all the problems are resolved your doctors will upload all the required medical information in e medical system and then inform us by raising the web form to reactivate your visa. As my visa is expiring on 30th April 2024 all my medical reports has been uploaded by my doctor and I have raised my web form, can my visa get activated before the end of this month and I have called ircc regarding information and they have said I have to reapply for my visa as they cannot activate it. Please help me I got my visa after 7 refusals I am in very depressed state now. Please help me if anyone has something related to this issue
Reapply for a study permit. Your visa is expiring in a few weeks, and most likely it will not be reactivated. Assume you submitted new LOA with your webform. Hopefully you didn’t start studying.

Rohit abhol

Apr 5, 2024
Reapply for a study permit. Your visa is expiring in a few weeks, and most likely it will not be reactivated. Assume you submitted new LOA with your webform. Hopefully you didn’t start studying.
I can apply for study permit when I will be in canada. I am in India waiting for the visa reactivation so I can come to Canada and get study permit. Is there any way through the immigration lawyer that I can get my visa reactivate. I have done all the required things as per the ircc mail in which they told me that my visa deactivated and how to reactivate it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can apply for study permit when I will be in canada. I am in India waiting for the visa reactivation so I can come to Canada and get study permit. Is there any way through the immigration lawyer that I can get my visa reactivate. I have done all the required things as per the ircc mail in which they told me that my visa deactivated and how to reactivate it.
So you have a visitor visa? How can you apply when in Canada? CBSA will not reactivate the permit if there is a medical issue still on your file. You can talk to a Canadian immigration lawyer for assistance. Given your permit was issues over a year and you never came to Canada, there may be other issues.

Have you been studying? .

Rohit abhol

Apr 5, 2024
So you have a visitor visa? How can you apply when in Canada? CBSA will not reactivate the permit if there is a medical issue still on your file. You can talk to a Canadian immigration lawyer for assistance. Given your permit was issues over a year and you never came to Canada, there may be other issues.

Have you been studying? .
I have student visa which is valid upto 30th April 2024. No I haven’t start my study yet.
The main key points are
1. I got student visa in April 2023 at that time medical was submitted and everything was ok

2. Due to my student visa stamping got late on my passport I have to take deferral for September intake2023, earlier my intake was may 2023.

3.Due to deferral I have to reappear for new medical exam because its going to expire in may 2023.

4. when I give my new medical exam then I got some problems in it and embassy issues a letter on 28th July 2023 regarding my student visa that it has been deactivated until I resolve all my medical issues I cannot travel to Canada.

5. Then I have to take Deferral Again for may 2024 because my treatment will take around 6 months.

6. Now all my medical issues has been resolved and my doctors have updated all my new reports in e-medical system and I have raised the web form for my visa reactivation as per said by the ircc letter which has been sent to me on 28th July 2023 (visa deactivation letter)

Now the issue is I got very less time, will embassy reactivate my visa before 20th of this month. I have raised web form on 5th of April regarding my visa reactivation. All my medical a reports have been submitted on 2nd of April.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have student visa which is valid upto 30th April 2024. No I haven’t start my study yet.
The main key points are
1. I got student visa in April 2023 at that time medical was submitted and everything was ok

2. Due to my student visa stamping got late on my passport I have to take deferral for September intake2023, earlier my intake was may 2023.

3.Due to deferral I have to reappear for new medical exam because its going to expire in may 2023.

4. when I give my new medical exam then I got some problems in it and embassy issues a letter on 28th July 2023 regarding my student visa that it has been deactivated until I resolve all my medical issues I cannot travel to Canada.

5. Then I have to take Deferral Again for may 2024 because my treatment will take around 6 months.

6. Now all my medical issues has been resolved and my doctors have updated all my new reports in e-medical system and I have raised the web form for my visa reactivation as per said by the ircc letter which has been sent to me on 28th July 2023 (visa deactivation letter)

Now the issue is I got very less time, will embassy reactivate my visa before 20th of this month. I have raised web form on 5th of April regarding my visa reactivation. All my medical a reports have been submitted on 2nd of April.
Talk a lawyer and get advice. Most times you cannot reactivate a study permit. You need to apply for a new study permit. What letter/email did you get saying your study permit can be “reactivated”?

What school are you attending?

Rohit abhol

Apr 5, 2024
I got letter from high commission of canada
This are the exact words regarding reactivation of my study permit
“ Once you have completed the requirements and your panel physician has confirmed submission of your additional reports into the emedical system, please inform the visa office via webform at www.cic.Gc.ca/contacts/webform to request for your visa to be reactivated. Your visa will be reactivated after the results of your new medical exam have been assessed.
these are the exact words in the letter regarding reactivation of my study visa sent by high commission of Canada

I got admission in Fleming college
Peterborough

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got letter from high commission of canada
This are the exact words regarding reactivation of my study permit
“ Once you have completed the requirements and your panel physician has confirmed submission of your additional reports into the emedical system, please inform the visa office via webform at www.cic.Gc.ca/contacts/webform to request for your visa to be reactivated. Your visa will be reactivated after the results of your new medical exam have been assessed.
these are the exact words in the letter regarding reactivation of my study visa sent by high commission of Canada

I got admission in Fleming college
Peterborough
So all you can do is wait and hope it is reactivate before end of April. Cannot be expedited. In the meatime, you can seek the advice of an immigration lawyer but they cannot do much unless you don’t get visa in time. Then you can look at Judicial Review but that will cost time and money, and then easier to reapply.

Rohit abhol

Apr 5, 2024
Everywhere I seek help all I get is one thing just wait till the end of may and hope my visa get reactivated other wise there is no other option rather than applying again. I got visa after 7 refusals, I have given 4 years into it and now I don’t have more will power for that long proces.
I have consulted an immigration lawyer but he said I can’t do much.
and thank you so much for sorting out my queries. Right now all I can do is just hope for the best.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Everywhere I seek help all I get is one thing just wait till the end of may and hope my visa get reactivated other wise there is no other option rather than applying again. I got visa after 7 refusals, I have given 4 years into it and now I don’t have more will power for that long proces.
I have consulted an immigration lawyer but he said I can’t do much.
and thank you so much for sorting out my queries. Right now all I can do is just hope for the best.
Hopefully it works out. You only have a few days because you still need to send in your passport for stamping, and then enter Canada before the end of April. Do you even have housing? Canadians cannot find housing.

Last edited:

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Why not study in India? Canada is an expensive place right now, no housing, not a lot of well paid jobs. You are better off staying where it is nice and warm

Reactions: Taran D