+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for myself and my Son

antohass

Jun 10, 2019
Please I need to apply for a Canadian student visa for myself and I have a 20 month old son which I would like to take with me. I am from Nigeria, I will like to no how much I can have and how to go about the application. Do I need to apply together with my son or separately. Please assist

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please I need to apply for a Canadian student visa for myself and I have a 20 month old son which I would like to take with me. I am from Nigeria, I will like to no how much I can have and how to go about the application. Do I need to apply together with my son or separately. Please assist
You can apply for a study permit with or without your son. If approved you can try to apply for a TRV for your son. Visas/permits are not guaranteed for famil6 members of international students. You will need to show that you have the extra funds to pay for childcare which is extremely expensive in Canada. You also have to show you can cover the increased living costs that come with having a child. Would start with trying to get a study permit first. That is the first challenge.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. If you want to bring him, you apply together , you will need to be authorized by the child's father to travel to Canada as well.
2. You will need proof of the first year tuition, plus $14K for living expenses, and about $3K for travel expenses.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

1. If you want to bring him, you apply together , you will need to be authorized by the child's father to travel to Canada as well.
2. You will need proof of the first year tuition, plus $14K for living expenses, and about $3K for travel expenses.
You’ll need to prove extra living expensesif you are applying for a child to accompany you. Childcare will be a big expense, having a child with you raises your cost of accommodation (renting a room is unlikely to be possible),etc.

antohass

Jun 10, 2019
Hi

Thanks so much

antohass

Jun 10, 2019
Hi

Please do I just apply of my son needs a separate application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please do I just apply of my son needs a separate application
[/QUOTE

your son needs a TRV. The estimates of funds required with a child accompanying are low. You will have to look at daycare costs where you are applying but 1K is fairly average for home daycare. For more formal daycare it can go up to over 2k/month in large cities.