+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for a child

chaoscool

Mar 8, 2016
Hi guys!

My wife is enrolled in a college and I got a OWP valid until the end of her studies. We have a baby and his visa will expire with his passport. We already have applied and we got his new passport. Now we need to setup his extension visa. Some people said we need to send financial confirmation to the immigration proving funds again to get his visitor extension. But another said his visa will be based on my wife's study permit visa. Who is right?

Can someone help us with this?

Best

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Probably it will be based on your wife's visa since she's the main applicant.
Also, you already provided financial information 1st time, so if your baby's visa expired just because of passport, it's just a matter of renewing it using previous information.

But if you're in Canada, you could go or call to an immigration center to ask about it.

chaoscool

Mar 8, 2016
Hi NemesisBR, thank you for the help.

Actually, my baby's visa was visitor and we just had applied for my wife's study permit. Alone.

Now, she got the study permit, I got the OWP and we need to apply to an visitor extension for my baby.

For him it is the first time applying for an extension. In this case we have to provide the whole financial information again?

Once again, thank you so much for you time to answer this question.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
For him it is the first time applying for an extension. In this case we have to provide the whole financial information again?
I don't think so, it's your baby and is just an extension.
But it's better to confirm with CIC.