+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa extension

Ron9999

Aug 17, 2019
Greetings to the respected member of Canada Visa Forum.
Right now i have applied work permit after completing my studies. Ihave application number for the work permit.
My question is that How to renew the Canada visa as am planning to go back to India for visit and on my passport my visa is till 2020 but with student category and right now am not a student
Prompt reply will be appreciated. Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You don't need a new visa unless this one expires. The same visa will allow you to return as a worker or a visitor.

If the visa is expiring before you plan to return, then you need to apply for a new visa. The process is the same as any visa application.

Ron9999

Aug 17, 2019
You don't need a new visa unless this one expires. The same visa will allow you to return as a worker or a visitor.

If the visa is expiring before you plan to return, then you need to apply for a new visa. The process is the same as any visa application.
Are you sure? Because one of my friends called immigration and they said that roght now we are not student anymore so we need different visa to come baCk to Canada

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you sure? Because one of my friends called immigration and they said that roght now we are not student anymore so we need different visa to come baCk to Canada
Yes. A valid visa - which you have - allows you to travel to Canada by commercial carrier (planes, trains, ships etc).

Once you have landed and you get to immigration, that's when you get status granted by CBSA. If you have an approved work or study permit, CBSA will grant you status as a worker or a student. If you don't, CBSA can allow you to enter as a visitor. Having the visa doesn't by itself grant you the right to enter Canada, that's only granted by CBSA at the port of entry.

I assume you have applied for a PGWP. Once that is approved you can travel with a valid, unexpired visa and ask for entry as a worker.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you want to be absolutely certain, you can wait till you get your PGWP and then apply for a new TRV while you are here in Canada.