+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa expired

yenoh14baby

Mar 24, 2009
hello there, please advise me my visa and work permit are already expire due to they based it in may passport expired (March 23,2009) now a i renew already last january 2009 it take so long to return it to me until now i haven't received it still in our country. what should i do ? i still waiting for my passport so all my papers is now in valid. can i apply my visa and work permit eventhough my passport is on the process... please advise me what step
should i do.? i need ur reply urgently... thank you so much

yenoh14baby

Mar 24, 2009
same date its expire march 23, 2009 thats why im really worried? are the immigration will send me home in my country

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
You may seek restoration within 90 days after your status as a visitor, student or worker has been lost, if you have only failed to comply with one or more of the following conditions:

You lost status because you remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay (but not longer than 90 days)
You changed employers, type of work, or location of work without applying to change these conditions if they were specified on your work permit.
You changed the type of studies, educational institution, location of studies, or times and periods of studies without applying to change these conditions on your study permit if they were specified on your study permit
You continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed.
You have committed an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act if you have not abided by the conditions that were imposed when your entry was authorized or when your work or study permit was issued. You may voluntarily leave Canada or you may be subject to an admissibility hearing that could lead to removal from Canada. Your temporary resident status in Canada will have been lost, and (if applicable) your student and/or work permit will have ceased to be valid.

You may wish to complete an application to apply for restoration of temporary resident status and for a new work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be accepted. On your application you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances that resulted in you committing the offence.

If you apply for a work permit, you must pay the permit fee as well as the restoration fee when applying. Restoration applies to each member who has lost his or her status.

An officer will evaluate your request for restoration of status and if approved will process your application for a work permit. You will then be advised of any further action to be taken.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551E3.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553E4.asp