+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved for PhD at University of Toronto!

pondicherry

Jun 16, 2015
Hey all,
I studied M.Sc. Geology at a Central University in India. I applied for PhD at universities in Canada last December. Was selected for the M.Sc. program in Univ of Manitoba and Dalhousie University. University of Toronto offered direct PhD admission with funding for the Fall, 2015 session.
I applied for my Visa independently. The forms were available in the CIC website, which I downloaded and submitted at VFS, Chennai. After 15 days I got a letter to submit my medical report which I did subsequently. Following that I received a mail approving my VISA and my passport with the visa stamp was delivered to my home by courier.
I strongly feel there is no need to go through any agencies for the purpose of VISA. It is a simple process. Also, if you would like to go for PhD I suggest you all to contact the faculty directly through e-mail with your CV and marksheets.
If any of you have any doubt regarding this process, I would be happy to help in my capacity. All the best guys!!!!
Also, please contact if you are joining university of Toronto for graduate studies in September.

Rakumates

Jun 28, 2015
pondicherry said:
Hey all,
I studied M.Sc. Geology at a Central University in India. I applied for PhD at universities in Canada last December. Was selected for the M.Sc. program in Univ of Manitoba and Dalhousie University. University of Toronto offered direct PhD admission with funding for the Fall, 2015 session.
I applied for my Visa independently. The forms were available in the CIC website, which I downloaded and submitted at VFS, Chennai. After 15 days I got a letter to submit my medical report which I did subsequently. Following that I received a mail approving my VISA and my passport with the visa stamp was delivered to my home by courier.
I strongly feel there is no need to go through any agencies for the purpose of VISA. It is a simple process. Also, if you would like to go for PhD I suggest you all to contact the faculty directly through e-mail with your CV and marksheets.
If any of you have any doubt regarding this process, I would be happy to help in my capacity. All the best guys!!!!
Also, please contact if you are joining university of Toronto for graduate studies in September.
[hi friend.
Iam a Master holder in Mechanical Engineering with thesis. I would like to do PhD in my related field. Can i apply for Master degree again in Canadian universities so that i can join there and do integrated PhD.
My query is whether the university accept for master while having a master degree .
Is there is any chance for rejection of visa from the authorities while doing master after master ]

enigmatic90

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

I am a Pakistani applicant for visa and have been offered a position at university of Regina for MS biochemistry. My unconditional offer letter is in its way out to me and I am looking to collect my all necessary documents for visa purpose.

my offer letter indicates that I would be given a departmental award of 3000 and a GTA of 5000 CAD with total of 8000 CAD. My supervisor would provide me research assistantship of 9500 CAD and total amount I would receive to cover the first year is 17500 CAD.

now stating about my fee and expenses. My fee for one whole year is 7100 cad and thus after paying it I would be left with 10400 cad to carry my living expenses. I have two questions at this point.

1- How much amount do I need to show for visa along with this funding? I am not wealthy person so at all I could provide a bank statement of 8000-9000 cad even if my dad provide me statement and affidavit process etc.

2- As to bear the cost of tickets and flight etc I have read that I require amount of about $3000. To cover this cost I have around 4000 cad in my own account. Although I am working (govt servant) and this account is topped up every month and sometimes I withdraw money but sometimes I dont. Now question is how to prove the maturity of this bank statement? ? Would it suffice if I attach my employment letter or pay slip along with visa app???

pl help me out and it would be wonderful if someone provides me information in context of same scenario. I am very much worried.

samroc

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
enigmatic90 said:
Hi,

I am a Pakistani applicant for visa and have been offered a position at university of Regina for MS biochemistry. My unconditional offer letter is in its way out to me and I am looking to collect my all necessary documents for visa purpose.

my offer letter indicates that I would be given a departmental award of 3000 and a GTA of 5000 CAD with total of 8000 CAD. My supervisor would provide me research assistantship of 9500 CAD and total amount I would receive to cover the first year is 17500 CAD.

now stating about my fee and expenses. My fee for one whole year is 7100 cad and thus after paying it I would be left with 10400 cad to carry my living expenses. I have two questions at this point.

1- How much amount do I need to show for visa along with this funding? I am not wealthy person so at all I could provide a bank statement of 8000-9000 cad even if my dad provide me statement and affidavit process etc.

2- As to bear the cost of tickets and flight etc I have read that I require amount of about $3000. To cover this cost I have around 4000 cad in my own account. Although I am working (govt servant) and this account is topped up every month and sometimes I withdraw money but sometimes I dont. Now question is how to prove the maturity of this bank statement? ? Would it suffice if I attach my employment letter or pay slip along with visa app???

pl help me out and it would be wonderful if someone provides me information in context of same scenario. I am very much worried.

Hi,

The most important thing to show is that you have enough money to cover tuition and living expenses. According to CIC, you have to show 10,000 for living expenses. Based on the information you provided, it looks like your stipends are enough to cover both your tuition and living expenses. As far as maturity of your bank statement, you need to get statements for the last 4-6 months or longer if you can and attach that to your application to prove that your funds are authentic. If you can get a support letter from your parents and their bank statements, I think your application should be strong. Hope this helps.

claudiah

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
hi there,

I also want to apply myself from outside of Canada. where do you find the documents you have to send??
Did you apply online or by paper?