+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved and passport dispatched!

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hello guys! This post is intended to motivate all those people who are constantly struggling with the dilemma of whether they will receive the study permit or not. Please guys don't lose hope or patience (I know it has been tough and trust me it wasn't easy for me either) and you will be rewarded. I am a Bangladeshi citizen and I am sharing my timeline below:

Applied online: May 14th
Biometrics request letter: May 15th
Biometrics submitted: May 16th
Request for PCC from Bangladesh and FBI (as I completed my undergrad in NYC): May 17th
Medical Passed: June 14th
Blank update on MyCIC account: 1st July
Provided FBI Clearance: August 17th
Passport Request: August 17th (there was weekend in between)
Visa Approved: August 23rd (on the day of my birthday!)

Mine took a little over 13 weeks and I was too desperate to be honest. My FBI clearance took a long time to arrive so a quick tip to people getting clearances from other countries other than the country of your nationality, please make sure you apply for their police clearances way early in order to get all the paperworks on time. Also, having an upfront medical done beforehand saves time as well. I applied online which was hassle free and also you don't need to show a lot of papers. Just check the documents you need to upload to your MyCIC account and you can prepare accordingly. Saves extra cash that VFS or other agents take from you usually. I did it all myself and followed their guidelines and made it through. Trust me you will too :)

I will be happy to answer any question/concerns and will try my best to help as much possible. Good luck to all of you and wish you all the very best!
:) ;D

Harleen98

Jul 29, 2016
Congooo... I applied on under University category on 26th july offline at chd vfs for University of Waterloo... I got admission without IELTS. My other friends who applied under same category with IELTS got approval. But my case is yet under process. What are my chances and how long should I wait??

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
Hi Harleen,

I didn't need to submit IELTS either because I completed my bachelors in the United States of America. I was exempted from taking the test. However, in your case I would say you could have asked for a written letter of exemption from your university so that the embassy knows the reason for not submitting the score. In any case sometimes they look at other factors in determining the decision of the application so I would say manage that letter in case the embassy requests proof of English language proficiency. I don't know anything about your academic or financial background but they are crucial for the visa decision as well. If you believe you have a strong case then I am sure it won't be a problem but if your academic was weak then I'd be a little concerned. So chances are a 50-50 here. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Good luck!

Harleen98

Jul 29, 2016
My profile is..
10th-95% in english medium
12th-92%in cbse English medium non med stream
89 marks in english in 12th
Got unconditional offer letter from UofW

Melody23

Star Member
Jul 12, 2016
You profile looks great to me and you probably don't even need to worry much then! But yeah maybe check with your university and ask if they can give you some sort of letter stating an exemption of taking any english language test. This would be wise to keep handy in case CIC asks for a proof or asks you to submit IELTS score. Again, I can't speak on their behalf because all applications are different and so are the circumstances but I am hoping this won't be a big factor since you really have good marks in English :)