+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VH-1

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yeah i know but my friend he told me now i think govt changed the law now canada govt is giving the visa for 5 years that's why i am asking to you
Don’t know about any law. IRCC will give you a visitor visa or not. Length to be determined. You will know once approved.

ha55anbutt

Jun 20, 2024
TRV is a V1.
Hmm great now i understand you mean both are same so i can apply now? bcz next year my visa and my passport will be expire on same so first I think i will renew my passport before expiry to 6 months i can renew then i should have to apply what's your opinion?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hmm great now i understand you mean both are same so i can apply now? bcz next year my visa and my passport will be expire on same so first I think i will renew my passport before expiry to 6 months i can renew then i should have to apply what's your opinion?
You don’t renew a V-1. It is a new application based on funds, travel history, ties to return and valid reasons to travel. So if your V1 is expiring then apply when you get a new passport.

ha55anbutt

Jun 20, 2024
You don’t renew a V-1. It is a new application based on funds, travel history, ties to return and valid reasons to travel. So if your V1 is expiring then apply when you get a new passport.
No actually i have now VH-1 category visa so this visa it will be expiry on my passport expiry date next year in september but i can't travel bcz this is a only transit right? but i want to visit properly in canada so i have to apply again V1 category??

ha55anbutt

Jun 20, 2024
My passport is only valid for 5 years from 2020 to 2025, but now when I renew my passport, I will apply for 10 years, then apply for the V1 category in Canada, which will give me a 10 year valid visa, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No actually i have now VH-1 category visa so this visa it will be expiry on my passport expiry date next year in september but i can't travel bcz this is a only transit right? but i want to visit properly in canada so i have to apply again V1 category??
You have to apply for V1, and having a VH1 is of no advantage. Different applications and requirements. A transit visa is just to travel through a Canadian airport to go to another destination. You cannot leave the airport.

IRCC decides if you are approved and will give you the length it wants to. Show funds (cash in the bank), travel history, ties to return to country of citizenship and valid reasons to travel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My passport is only valid for 5 years from 2020 to 2025, but now when I renew my passport, I will apply for 10 years, then apply for the V1 category in Canada, which will give me a 10 year valid visa, right?
A 10 year visa doesn’t mean you can visit for 10 years. CBSA determines how long you can visit upon entry up to 6 months.

ha55anbutt

Jun 20, 2024
You have to apply for V1, and having a VH1 is of no advantage. Different applications and requirements. A transit visa is just to travel through a Canadian airport to go to another destination. You cannot leave the airport.

IRCC decides if you are approved and will give you the length it wants to. Show funds (cash in the bank), travel history, ties to return to country of citizenship and valid reasons to travel.
Can I apply now for another V1 visa or when my current visa expires? or now can I still do it?