+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very urgent question regarding IELTS

Sukhvinder 334

Mar 27, 2015
Dear ALL

My Ielts speaking module at 2.00 P.M on 20th October but due to some very -2 urgent reasons I find it difficult to reach at 2.00 PM and will be late. I therefore want to know whether there is any possibility that if I get late at venue by around one hour will i be able to give test. Moreover please also clear me whether they have called all candidates at same time or they have called candidates as per there actual time of test. kindly any one who given ielts test please tell me how many people were there and when it started and when it finished. Please give reply as this may solve my big problem.

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
Hi,

Are you talking about your speaking test or L, R, W test? ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They schedule candidates one after the other throughout that day and some centres have multiple simultaneous sessions going on as well. Recommend that you try and get in touch with your IELTS administrator and ask for this extension - it should be granted fairly easily when you tell them that it will be virtually impossible for you to attend the test at that particular hour. They won't reschedule it to any other date though.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Usually they are not too stubborn with speaking test timings. I have appeared 3 times for IELTS speaking. Out of 3, two times i went before hand and there were no one there and i went immediately and one time, they made me wait additional 5 minutes due to some delay by previous person... They just continue with the list even when you are not there. So when you come later also, they may consider you.

What you can do is... You can go to the test location one day before and talk to the organizers there. Tell them you can reach the location at 2:15, 2:30..whatever... see if they can push you down the list for that day. That is what you can do.

In worst case, the only option is to reschedule your complete IELTS exam to another day by paying additional amount usually 30-35% of your total fee.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should discuss this particular issue directly with your IELTS center. I'm positive they will have no problem delaying your speaking exam for few hours.

On my speaking exam day I witnessed an employee of the IELTS center call one candidate who failed to show up at the scheduled time. Over the phone you could hear that he was completely oblivious that he even had an exam that day, and there was no problem in rescheduling for some 3-4 hours later.

Hope this helps.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Sukhvinder 334 said:
Dear ALL

My Ielts speaking module at 2.00 P.M on 20th October but due to some very -2 urgent reasons I find it difficult to reach at 2.00 PM and will be late. I therefore want to know whether there is any possibility that if I get late at venue by around one hour will i be able to give test. Moreover please also clear me whether they have called all candidates at same time or they have called candidates as per there actual time of test. kindly any one who given ielts test please tell me how many people were there and when it started and when it finished. Please give reply as this may solve my big problem.
best thing is to reach there on 19th. Dont take a risk, just 2 days left you cant do anything.. Avoid other imp things and reach there if u are serious to give exams