+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY URGENT : Passport Renewal after VISA Grant

RAJDelhi

May 10, 2011
I have a very peculiar problem at hands which needs urgent answers from seniors like Qorax / Saki and others.

Medicals were done on 1.11.2011.

Yesterday (20.12.2011), CHC - ND called up me on tel and said that passport of my spouse is expiring on May 5' 2012. Visa officer told me categorically that I have 2 choices.

First Choice - I take back all the passports (after 40 days of sending them with RPRF) and get a new one for her before getting the Maple Leaf pasted. That VISA will be valid till 15.11.2012.

Second Choice - If I get the VISA now on these passports, I will have to travel to Canada (for our first landing) before applying for New Passport. It means, if she does not travel now and takes a new Passport, the Visa will become invalid.

We can not travel for the next three yrs as I have recently lost my younger brother and my parents will not allow us to go before 6 months of his passing away.

Kindly advise, if it is true and she has to travel for her landing formalities before applying for a new passport ?

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
You have to land either before the expiration of your medicals or the expiration of your passport, whichever comes first. You might as well just go to CA to land and fly bq to your country until you are ready to officially settle in CA.

If you can't travel at all, and you do not land before the specified time period, you will have to reapply for spousal sponsorship.

RAJDelhi

May 10, 2011
I wish to know, can I apply for a new passport for her right now and she goes to Canada before the last date of expiry of the visa or old (Current) Passport i.e. 06.05.2012 ?

It means, the visa will be in the old Passport and she will travel with that as well as the NEW passport, if she applies for that now.

Is it OK Travelling with the unused visa (NOT LANDED TILL NOW) in the old Passport and travelling with that as well as the NEW passport, for the first landing before 06.05.2012 ?

Imadeit

Dec 21, 2011
Yes, Visas in old (cancelled) passports are valid for travel and landing, provided that the landings are made before expiry of the validity of visa. Just keep the old passport stapled to the new one.

sonir

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Imadeit said:
Yes, Visas in old (cancelled) passports are valid for travel and landing, provided that the landings are made before expiry of the validity of visa. Just keep the old passport stapled to the new one.
RAJDelhi said:
I have a very peculiar problem at hands which needs urgent answers from seniors like Qorax / Saki and others.

Medicals were done on 1.11.2011.

Yesterday (20.12.2011), CHC - ND called up me on tel and said that passport of my spouse is expiring on May 5' 2012. Visa officer told me categorically that I have 2 choices.

First Choice - I take back all the passports (after 40 days of sending them with RPRF) and get a new one for her before getting the Maple Leaf pasted. That VISA will be valid till 15.11.2012.

Second Choice - If I get the VISA now on these passports, I will have to travel to Canada (for our first landing) before applying for New Passport. It means, if she does not travel now and takes a new Passport, the Visa will become invalid.

We can not travel for the next three yrs as I have recently lost my younger brother and my parents will not allow us to go before 6 months of his passing away.

Kindly advise, if it is true and she has to travel for her landing formalities before applying for a new passport ?
Absolutely no issue, you can renew later on and travel on cancelled passport with valid Visa.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
His wife's meds expire in Jan 2012. She will need to land before the expiration of her meds or the expiration of her pp......WHICHEVER COMES 1st. In that case it is the meds. He can renew her pp and send the updated bio page to the VO. Yesss, the visa is valid for one year but you must land before the meds expire.

RAJDelhi

May 10, 2011
Today, I have received the big fat envelope containing the passports with valid visas and other related documents along-with my original dox.

After going thro' everything, I have sent a mail to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca wherein I have mentioned everything in detail, as under :

"QUOTE"

Sir,

In pursuant to my application for permanent residency, lodged on 15 Sept 2010 under Federal Skilled Worker category, I would like to inform you that I have received Canada PR Visa for myself and the family members.

We wish to make our landing at Toronto, ON in the last week of April' 2012 due to kids' education at this time of the year when their final exams will be in Feb' 2012.

All the CANADA PR VISAs are valid for entry upto 05.05.2012 as the validity of the Passport of my Spouse is upto 06.05.2012.

Similarly, my own Passport has only THREE pages left in it after getting the PR Visa though it is valid upto 06.07.2016.

I and my wife wish to apply for the issue of a new passport for each of us whose validity will be of 10 years.

We wish to travel to Toronto,ON in last week of April' 2012 with the new passports though our valid Visas will be in our old passports, which we will be carrying with us. I hope, there will be no effect on our VISAs if we are doing our First landing at Toronto, ON before their expiry.

Kindly let me know, can we get our FRESH passports issued here before doing our First landing at Toronto, ON and carry the old passports with the Valid Visas ?

Regards,
"UNQUOTE"

I am waiting for a reply, which may come in a week's time.

I wanted to hear from experts & seniors like Qorax, Saki & others as any wrong step on my part at this stage can spoil my PR eligibility. Kindly advise seniors, PLEASE.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAJDelhi said:
We wish to make our landing at Toronto, ON in the last week of April' 2012 due to kids' education at this time of the year when their final exams will be in Feb' 2012.
All the CANADA PR VISAs are valid for entry upto 05.05.2012 as the validity of the Passport of my Spouse is upto 06.05.2012.
Similarly, my own Passport has only THREE pages left in it after getting the PR Visa though it is valid upto 06.07.2016.
Hello Raj,
First of all congratulations for the PR visa for which you were waiting so far.
You decided to travel by end of April 2012, therefore no problem at all.
You can apply for new passport for your wife and additional for you, if necessary because of 3 pages. (I think you can still manage with 3 pages if you don't have many travels before expiry of passport.) If your travel is before the expiry of the visa your new passports need to be attached to the old one. No need of transferring Canadian visa to the new passport. A confirmation from CHC Delhi is not necessary for this matter. Good luck!!.

RAJDelhi

May 10, 2011
Thanks Mr Wilson for the good wishes and advise.

Actually, I am supposed to travel a bit which I was avoiding for the suspense on the Visa grant.

Also, if that is the scenario that I can travel on old or new passports for myself & spouse, BUT CERTAINLY BEFORE EXPIRY OF VISA, then why the person from CHC - ND called me and told me otherwise. He even indirectly told me that if I get a new Passport for myself & spouse before visa validation at Toronto landing, we both will lose PR

Kindly advise.

RAJDelhi

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That could be possible too. It depends to the officer at the POE.
If you get a new passport for your wife and for you ( may be an additional book for you because of short of pages on the existing one), you can contact the embassy to stamp visa on the new passports. You may have to pay CAD 30-00 or above per person for stamping the new visa. I have seen discussion about new passports and new visa on that too. Usually they discourage this practice. That is the reason they might have asked you to get the passports renewed earlier.

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
RAJDelhi said:
Today, I have received the big fat envelope containing the passports with valid visas and other related documents along-with my original dox.

After going thro' everything, I have sent a mail to delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca wherein I have mentioned everything in detail, as under :

"QUOTE"

Sir,

In pursuant to my application for permanent residency, lodged on 15 Sept 2010 under Federal Skilled Worker category, I would like to inform you that I have received Canada PR Visa for myself and the family members.

I and my wife wish to apply for the issue of a new passport for each of us whose validity will be of 10 years.

We wish to travel to Toronto,ON in last week of April' 2012 with the new passports though our valid Visas will be in our old passports, which we will be carrying with us. I hope, there will be no effect on our VISAs if we are doing our First landing at Toronto, ON before their expiry.

Kindly let me know, can we get our FRESH passports issued here before doing our First landing at Toronto, ON and carry the old passports with the Valid Visas ?

Regards,
"UNQUOTE"

I am waiting for a reply, which may come in a week's time.

I wanted to hear from experts & seniors like Qorax, Saki & others as any wrong step on my part at this stage can spoil my PR eligibility. Kindly advise seniors, PLEASE.
Hi ! I am curious. Did u renew your passports? How was the landing experience at port of entry in Canada? Did u face any problems having the new and old passports? Thanks

Atand

RAJDelhi

May 10, 2011
We both went on 26.01.2012 for just 2 days and returned back on 28.01.2012. Later, got our passports renewed from Delhi.

Landing at Toronto was a dream. Finished everything in just 25 min, took a taxi and reached my relative's place with just a hand bag.

Later, my kids also did the landing in end-April.

We are now in N Delhi. Me and my son are leaving in April' 2013 to finally settle down there as my son has got pre-admission in 5 diff Canadian Univ in B E - Elec Engg. he will be finishing his Year 12 final exams in March' 2013.

Wife and daughter will follow later as my daughter has to finish her internship of BDS in Delhi.

If you want any more info, u can contact me on rajianys@hotmail.com

atand

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28 April 2011
AOR Received.
04 Nov 2011
Med's Request
13 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
21 Jan 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
20-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2013
RAJDelhi said:
We both went on 26.01.2012 for just 2 days and returned back on 28.01.2012. Later, got our passports renewed from Delhi.

Landing at Toronto was a dream. Finished everything in just 25 min, took a taxi and reached my relative's place with just a hand bag.

Later, my kids also did the landing in end-April.

We are now in N Delhi. Me and my son are leaving in April' 2013 to finally settle down there as my son has got pre-admission in 5 diff Canadian Univ in B E - Elec Engg. he will be finishing his Year 12 final exams in March' 2013.

Wife and daughter will follow later as my daughter has to finish her internship of BDS in Delhi.

If you want any more info, u can contact me on rajianys @ hotmail.com
Thank u for the reply. Hoping for the best!

Atand