Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pittabread said:
But how would the authorities know when she was divorced actually??
It'd be the OP who'd info [if she does] vide the 'judicial anulment of a marriage' docs.
Unless she produces another set, second time, newer ones, of the said docs.

Qorax

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pittabread said:
Divorced is different thing. If some one doesn't tell himself / herself they would never know......
Then a broken-hearted/malice husband would suffice.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SISH7255 said:
Sorry to hear about your case.

Did you already receive your divorce papers? Or it is just in verbal stage?
When did you file for the divorce?
This is a good question. Thats what I am saying. Go and land there and after few weeks of landing declare officially you are divorced and produce new documents of divorce as qorax said......

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
qorax said:
To: everyone

Unfortunately, the truth is far from the opinions posted here by all, however wishful it is -- and I'm in solidarity to the OP as well.

The truth remains that the OP has to 'return' the Visa/s & COPRs to the VO... there is a change in her case profile -- material facts? That divorce changes her case status [if it's a 'judicial anulment of a marriage'] - she has to 'declare' that before flying, as per IRPA regulations - 'remove' the dependent from her file [his PRV gets cancelled] - fetch a fresh visa & COPR for herself - provided that husband didn't get her the addnl 'adaptibility points'... which if she lacks - will lead her to trouble.

If she/they had 'landed' & then this sordid thing had happened - it'd have been a different ball game.

Good luck to the OP!
Qorax
Good! Precise advise as usual

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Assuming that the OP is already divorced(means the paper work is done) she can:
1. If she has sufficient points, inform the visa officer of change in status of her marraige and get required paper work done.
2. If she doesn't have sufficient points without her ex-husband than she should go ahead and land though this is not the correct way of doing things and If caught/questioned than it could lead to further problems

In case paper work is not complete than she can go ahead and land.

canadaloveu

Mar 22, 2011
hi everyone, thank u for being so supportive to me.

the divorce is not yet finalised. it will take another 2/3 weeks to get the divorce papers sorted.....but my visa expires on 30 April, 11. i booked the flight on 28 April, 11.

if the divorce is not finalised by 30 April,11---should i land and then when the divorce papers are signed should i inform the CIC (as by that time i would have already landed without my ex)

please help

leodr

Feb 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaloveu said:

the divorce is not yet finalised. it will take another 2/3 weeks to get the divorce papers sorted.....but my visa expires on 30 April, 11. i booked the flight on 28 April, 11.

if the divorce is not finalised by 30 April,11---should i land and then when the divorce papers are signed should i inform the CIC (as by that time i would have already landed without my ex)

please help
I would think it makes sense.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canadaloveu said:

please help
Dear Ma'am,

That's the clarification we were looking for.
Further to your PM, having understood the situation, here's what u should be doing:

1. *W/draw the divorce proceedings,@your homeland, if initiated by u.
2. *If not initiated by u, do not proceed with any court attendance/procedures.
3. Go ahead & 'land'... all by yourself - sans the irksome spouse.
4. Take your kids along, with an 'authorization*' from your spouse.
5. Be in modest terms with your spouse, all along - lest he throws a spike.
6. Do not bother about his entering Canada or othewise*.
7. Do not process your divorse case for@least 1yr... either in your homeland or in Canada. Else, it'd deem malafide.
8. If@a later stage u do feel to proceed - it's Ok, but think about it -- 'coz it doesn't hurt u being w/out him here.
9. If he comes here & creates a ruccus - then by all means proceed against him/marriage.

Remember: The laws here r more biased towards u than him. U have tremendous rights/recourse as a single parent or as a separated woman. Nothing is going to go wrong with your PR status - in fact it'd be bolstered. Single women rule here.

Yes, a break-up, anyday is traumatic... but sometimes it's wise as well - when things just do not go as it should -- then it's sure to be better alone than being battered. And many times u'd be wiser/successful as single than being in a beaten relationship - have faith in God - & things would work-out nicer in the run - it would be - it should be...

Good luck Ma'am!

Qorax

*B'coz, if u do so, u r party to it... then u r required to info CIC, as per IRPA regulations. And then the same connotations occur, as previously opined by me.
*U require a 'consent cert.' from both parents if the kids travel alone or from one if they travel with another. This is CBSA regulations... intermittently enforced... u do not wish to be caught unawares.
*If he pursues his Canada dreamz - just play along... 'coz u don't want your entry here to be in zeopardy. If he doesn't - it doesn't effect u, your PR, 'coz u r the PA.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Canadaloveu

Pl follow the most practical advise rendered by our Dear Captain Qorax.....It couldn't have been any better!!!
All the very best for you. Our prayers are always with you.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
canadaloveu said:

please help
qorax gave the right advice: 2-3 weeks is a lot of time. Why don't buy ticket for earlier date?

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
yes the best for you!!! whatever your choices whatever you do, the best for you!!

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
qorax said:

Dear Ma'am,

That's the clarification we were looking for.
Further to your PM, having understood the situation, here's what u should be doing:

1. *W/draw the divorce proceedings, @ your homeland, if initiated by u.
2. *If not initiated by u, do not proceed with any court attendance/procedures.
3. Go ahead & 'land'... all by yourself - sans the irksome spouse.
4. Take your kids along, with an 'authorization*' from your spouse.
5. Be in modest terms with your spouse, all along - lest he throws a spike.
6. Do not bother about his entering Canada or othewise*.
7. Do not process your divorse case for @ least 1yr... either in your homeland or in Canada. Else, it'd deem malafide.
8. If @ a later stage u do feel to proceed - it's Ok, but think about it -- 'coz it doesn't hurt u being w/out him here.
9. If he comes here & creates a ruccus - then by all means proceed against him/marriage.

Remember: The laws here r more biased towards u than him. U have tremendous rights/recourse as a single parent or as a separated woman. Nothing is going to go wrong with your PR status - in fact it'd be bolstered. Single women rule here.

Yes, a break-up, anyday is traumatic... but sometimes it's wise as well - when things just do not go as it should -- then it's sure to be better alone than being battered. And many times u'd be wiser/successful as single than being in a beaten relationship - have faith in God - & things would work-out nicer in the run - it would be - it should be...

Good luck Ma'am!

Qorax

*B'coz, if u do so, u r party to it... then u r required to info CIC, as per IRPA regulations. And then the same connotations occur, as previously opined by me.
*U require a 'consent cert.' from both parents if the kids travel alone or from one if they travel with another. This is CBSA regulations... intermittently enforced... u do not wish to be caught unawares.
*If he pursues his Canada dreamz - just play along... 'coz u don't want your entry here to be in zeopardy. If he doesn't - it doesn't effect u, your PR, 'coz u r the PA.
+2 for Quorax - quite informative

canadaloveu

Mar 22, 2011
Mr Qorax, thank u for being so informative for me ....i have no words for u....i can feel that u r feeling my problems even from very far distance.....i am grateful that ihave found this forum and the kind members like who have given me the advice...

from ur points i understand that:

1. if my husband does not go with me before 30 April 2011 (this is the date the visa expires) he won't be able to enter Canada any more in the future without my sponsorship

2. in this case i can carry on living in Canada with a peace of mind and try to forget my painful & torturous past

i have one more thing in my mind------what will happen if i want to get married (in my own country or in Canada) and want to bring my new husband in Canada? will i have to submit the divorce papers before i am able to sponsor my new husband? or will i be able to just bring my new husband without the divorce paprers or without any hassle?

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. At some point, the CIC should know that you are divorced. As per cic there is a husband for you. Your first task is to remove that.
2. When to do it? Really depends on you. As captain mentioned, it is better to let cic know at the earliest, as soon as your divorce is official. The date matters. I know a person who got caught in the "lying" circle and lost everything... "if you know it and if you don't tell it, it is concealment and hence misrepresentation"
3. Don't worry about re-applying...did your ex-husband provide you the adaptability points? if yes, you have to worry. If no, no worries.
4. If you are getting married again, you will have to provide the marriage certificates etc. Divorce papers needs to be in well before that.

Personal Note: If I were you, I would send it back to visa office with a letter explaining the situation and ask for a change. I dont think you need more mental turmoil than the divorce itself. It is easy to conceal and lie, but very very embarrassing and you would lose everything when get caught. Please don't lie. It is beneficial for you in the future.

Good Luck!

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaloveu said:
Mr Qorax, thank u for being so informative for me ....i have no words for u....i can feel that u r feeling my problems even from very far distance.....i am grateful that ihave found this forum and the kind members like who have given me the advice...

from ur points i understand that:

1. if my husband does not go with me before 30 April 2011 (this is the date the visa expires) he won't be able to enter Canada any more in the future without my sponsorship

2. in this case i can carry on living in Canada with a peace of mind and try to forget my painful & torturous past

i have one more thing in my mind------what will happen if i want to get married (in my own country or in Canada) and want to bring my new husband in Canada? will i have to submit the divorce papers before i am able to sponsor my new husband? or will i be able to just bring my new husband without the divorce paprers or without any hassle?
Yes you will have to divorce your first husband.

Thanks