+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Venezuelan Passport extension

Synapse91

Feb 12, 2019
Hello, I know this might be a little off topic from most other threads here. But I was wondering if any Venezuelan here has applied for his/her passport extension from Canada recently (past two or three months). If so, have you received any updates in regards to the application recently?

gomarca

Apr 30, 2019
I am waiting since november 26, and i didnt receive the extension at this time.
I recently saw in several digital media sources that Canada is accepting expired Venezuelan passports due to the current situation. Is that correct? Does it apply to PR applications?
What would be the standard bare minimum remaining passport duration considered by CIC for this? 6 months?
Thank you all in advance

May 28, 2019
Hi, I am living in Canada with PR. My Venezuela passport will be expired in this Nov. I just filled information for extension in SAIME and paid $100 fee. Next I need to wait for the Consulate in Toronto respond me via email. Wish the processing will be smoothly. I will update my case when I have any process.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
I heard Canada is accepting expired passport. But not sure how we confirm if this is true. I'm in the middle of spousal sponsorship now. My wife from Venezula and it's taking forever. Over 5 months now since she completed her medical examination. If we reach September and there's still no notice, I'm worried Venezula won't even let my wife leave the country cause her passport is going expire in 2020 April.

I recently saw in several digital media sources that Canada is accepting expired Venezuelan passports due to the current situation. Is that correct? Does it apply to PR applications?
What would be the standard bare minimum remaining passport duration considered by CIC for this? 6 months?
Thank you all in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard Canada is accepting expired passport. But not sure how we confirm if this is true. I'm in the middle of spousal sponsorship now. My wife from Venezula and it's taking forever. Over 5 months now since she completed her medical examination. If we reach September and there's still no notice, I'm worried Venezula won't even let my wife leave the country cause her passport is going expire in 2020 April.
Processing times are up to 12 months for 80% of spousal sponsorships and Venezuela wouldn’t be considered a straightforward application so your application will likely to be at least around 12 months. I would send in a webform or tweet about you Venezuelan passport expiring soon.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Who do I mention this to that my wife's passport about to expire April 2020?

Processing times are up to 12 months for 80% of spousal sponsorships and Venezuela wouldn’t be considered a straightforward application so your application will likely to be at least around 12 months. I would send in a webform or tweet about you Venezuelan passport expiring soon.

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone, I started to apply my Venezuela passport on May 2019. Until Jan. 23, 2020 my SAIME account shew my passport extension was printed on Jan. 23, 2020. Unfortunately all the embassy offices closed in March since the pandemic. My account was nothing changed after then. My concern is if the embassy would luckily open next year my new extension ( 2 years) would be expired soon when I just receive. That means I still need to apply another extension and wait for another year? it's such painful!