+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

tiger007

Champion Member
malisa said:
Please help me in this regard:

I want an advice from you. I have got open work permit for manitoba and planning to land in winnipeg on 5 March 2103. But the problem i am facing is that where should i get an apartment or first i book an hotel then book an apartment after reaching there. what is the best place in winnipeg to reside, is it down town or somewhere else. If you have some reference or information please reply me. its really a big problem for me.
Check inbox

sujeeth

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12th -2013
AOR Received.
june 13 th-2013
Med's Request
may 12th -2013
Med's Done....
may 13th-2013
Interview........
NO
VISA ISSUED...
june 25th
LANDED..........
aug 22
Hey thnXx Tiger

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
hi tiger:

can you please explain what did you mean by:
.... "Not just Master's... if one is pursuing any PG certificate/ diploma or UG certificate, diploma or Bachelor's course... above rules will be applicable for all except for special Master degree & PHD holder streams for students passing out from the provinces of Sask. and Ontario."....

what are the SPECIAL masters?

tiger007

Champion Member
tomsware said:
hi tiger:

can you please explain what did you mean by:
.... "Not just Master's... if one is pursuing any PG certificate/ diploma or UG certificate, diploma or Bachelor's course... above rules will be applicable for all except for special Master degree & PHD holder streams for students passing out from the provinces of Sask. and Ontario."....

what are the SPECIAL masters?

Hi,
I meant.. that the following PNP rules are applicable for all post secondary courses except for Master's and Phd streams in the provinces of Sask. and Ontario.... as they have special direct student immig. programmes for master' and Phd graduates passing out from the universities based in their own provinces.

tiger007

Champion Member
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Corrections:

Not just Master's... if one is pursuing any PG certificate/ diploma or UG certificate, diploma or Bachelor's course... above rules will be applicable for all except for special Master degree & PHD holder streams for students passing out from the provinces of Sask. and Ontario.

Also remember: Skilled job: NOC O,A, or B
Semi-Skilled jobs - NOC C
Unskilled jobs - NOC D.

PNPs:

1. Nova Scotia - Full time permanent job of NOC O,A,or B. In some cases NOC C jobs are acceptable (as per labour market demand), need to work for min. 3 months... applicable for all.

2. NL - If course done form NL province, then no need to work for any duration. 1 can directly apply for PNP nomination , provided they have a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B), in their field of study. Outside NL province students, need to work for 12 months in a skilled job before applying for NL PNP.

3. Ontario - Only for Ontario based universities -Master and PHD graduates.. no job offer needed, direct PNP provided, 1 meets certain conditions such as showing 11,083$ consistently fr past 6 months (at the time of applying without job). One need to spend atleast 1 year in Ontario and can apply in the final sem of their studies (like if Master is of more than 1 year). 1000 limit only for Master degree students. For graduates (in or outside Ontario students) who are not Master or PHD degree holders.. whole set of rules including getting a skilled job offer from an approved employer. No need to work for certain number of months, and direct PNP nomination if shown skilled approved employer 's job offer.

4. Manitoba- need to get ANY FULL TIME job with a SINGLE employer, do that same job for min. 6 months, and then apply for PNP. Only difference and advantage for Manitoba based students..that there will be faster processing of PNP applications, will be given 1st priority.

5. B.C - Usually should have completed a min. 12 months course in or outside B.C. Should have pursued an approved degree programme form an approved educational institute. Should have a full time skilled (NOC O,A or B) job offer. The job offer must be from an approved employer. There is no need to work for certain number of months. The BC PNP will also consider applications for positions under Skill Levels C and D of the NOC Matrix where the employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan for career progression to an occupation at Skill Level 0, A or B. Nominee applicants whose eligibility is based on a job offer in a NOC C or D occupation may be required to submit a language proficiency test.

There is another Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream for foreign workers, where NOC C and D jobs are usually considered under 2 years pilot project in Northeast Development Region of B.C for 3 specific sectors -
•Tourism and Hospitality
•Long-Haul Trucking
•Food Processing
where, applicants need to gain 9 months work experience. So, students after getting PGWP..can go for PR via this route too.
To know more about this B.C PNP pilot Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream see: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/entry_level/who.page

6. Alberta - ONLY for students of recognized educational institutes of Alberta. Must have a full time skilled job in their field of study, do it for 6 months..and then apply for Alberta PNP.

7. Saskatchewan- Master and Phd graduates of Saskatchewan based universities i.e Univ. of Sask and Univ. of Regina, get direct PNP nomination without a job offer, provided they fulfill certain conditions like showing min. 10,000$( for a single person)in bank a/c at the time of nomination..so as to show proof, one can live for some time without a job. Other graduates of Sask based educational institutes need to do min. 6 months (960 hours) in any type of jobs like full time, part time, co-op, on campus..and at the end of 6 months/960 hours must have ANY full time job offer, and then apply for PNP. Outside Sask. students need to work any number of jobs for 1 year/ 1920 hours, and at the end of 1 year MUST have ANY full time job offer and then apply for PNP. So, Sask. PNP has a greater degree of flexibility. But no advantage in processing times for Sask. students... and it MAY take a longer time to get SINP applications processed under PGWP/other graduate with work ex. stream, as there are many many students rushing to Saks. these days..and hence the longer wait.

8. PEI - Must have a skilled full time job offer. Do it for 6 months.. and then be eligble for applying for PEI PNP. There are hosts of other conditions and requirements, which can be found on: http://www.gov.pe.ca/forms/pdf/1861.pdf

9. Quebec - Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR show intermediate FRENCh proficiency.. like passing DLEF B1 exam (with required marks).. then direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate in 20 days under PEQ – Québec graduate stream . No questions asked but French intermediate level compulsory. In reality the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor need to wok for any number of months... nothing. Another route is Quebec Regular program – Foreign student in Québec stream, which is points based where French is not compulsory..BUT 1 needs to get min. 55 points so as to get direct CSQ without interviewe ir need for any adaptability points. It's usually tough to get 55 points without doing a high in demand specific Quebec course and/or knowing minimum beginner level i.e DELF A1/A2 level French.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Correction:
6. Alberta - http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx
Open to students of all provinces.
Have obtained a diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in Alberta or Canada, or at a private institution in Alberta authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Have graduated from a Canadian educational program that was a minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate level.

shiva raju

Feb 21, 2013
Man thanks Tiger. that was a good suggestion. As you said now i need to start preparing for GMAT and get some good score.

one more thing to ask, My cousin got a work permit to work in Nova scotia, Canada. So am thinking to try to get admission in NSCC. Could you please suggest some good business schools in nova scotia. and how about Tourism Management course ?? Do you know any good schools where can i get some good skills.

By the way i see all the people calling you by your display name TIGER. Whats your actual name !!

shiva raju

Feb 21, 2013
Okay. My plan is clear now. I want to prepare for GMAT and get into some good business school.

Tiger, You have mentioned academic grade needs to be "B". But unfortunately I got the same percentage in my degree and MBA which is 57. Is there any chance that the schools consider only GMAT score and my work experience leaving my academic grades ?? Please help me..

tiger007

Champion Member
shiva raju said:
Okay. My plan is clear now. I want to prepare for GMAT and get into some good business school.

Tiger, You have mentioned academic grade needs to be "B". But unfortunately I got the same percentage in my degree and MBA which is 57. Is there any chance that the schools consider only GMAT score and my work experience leaving my academic grades ?? Please help me..
Hi,

B grade in most universities for Indian students= 60% in final 2 years... BUT some universities... like Univ. of Manitoba, Memorial Univ. etc. consider 55% and above as B grade. This is minimum eligibility criteria and in no way guarantees admission. So you need to go through all specific Univ sites, see there conversion chart for Indian students...match eligibility requirements... and still if you are unsure shoot emails to university, presenting them with your full profile.. and ask if you are eligible to apply or not. For example.. Univ of Manitoba equivalency chart for students from India is:
http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/facultyinfo/assess/view.php?cid=20
B grade = 55%-57%
B+ grade = 57% -59%

Also.. in meantime prepare for GMAT..prepare application and then apply for Sept. 2014 intake. You need to check appropriate deadlines and apply.. So to offset/balance you low academic scores.. you must prepare a strong application package with excellent SOP, letters of reccomendation, HIGH GMAT score(atleast aim for 600), IELTS (atleast aim for 7.0) etc.

And..still..if you see no 1 is accepting you for MBA... then you can always do a PG certificate/diploma in business.

To get an idea about various MBAs in Canada, their avg. GMAT score, programme length, seats and cost..see:
http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/09/16/m-b-a-rankings/
then go to individual univ websites and check requirements and make up your mind as to where to apply. I suggest apply to atleast 3-5 mid level programmes... and hope for the best.

Best of Luck.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
once again Tiger007 helping this community! Cheers mate.. you deserve something from us! :-*

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
Thanks tiger bhai... Thanks for helping everyone :)

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
TIger bhai tho tiger hai... Lol :D

tiger007

Champion Member
UPDATE: MARCH 2013

PNPs:

1. Alberta - Open to students of all provinces. Have obtained a diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in Alberta or Canada, or at a private institution in Alberta authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Have graduated from a Canadian educational program that was a minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate level. Those who study skilled trade qualifcations, will have to apply under Compulsory and optional trades criteria with a skilled job offer in their trade (as part of strategic recruitment stream). NO requiremnt to work for certain months. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-compulsory-optional-trades-criteria.aspx There is also a Engineering occupations criteria, again a spart of the as part of strategic recruitment stream. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineerin
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspxg-occupations-criteria.aspx

2. NL - If course done form NL province, then no need to work for any duration. 1 can directly apply for PNP nomination , provided they have a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B), in their field of study. Outside NL province students, need to work for 12 months in a skilled job before applying for NL PNP.
http://www.nlpnp.ca/student.html

3. Ontario - Only for Ontario based universities -Master and PHD graduates.. no job offer needed, direct PNP provided, 1 meets certain conditions such as showing 11,083$ consistently fr past 6 months (at the time of applying without job). One need to spend atleast 1 year in Ontario and can apply in the final sem of their studies (like if Master is of more than 1 year). 1000 limit only for Master degree students. For graduates (in or outside Ontario students) who are not Master or PHD degree holders.. whole set of rules including getting a skilled job offer from a pre- approved employer. No need to work for certain number of months, and direct PNP nomination if shown skilled approved employer 's job offer.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm

4. Manitoba- need to get ANY FULL TIME job with a SINGLE employer, do that same job for min. 6 months, and then apply for PNP. Only difference and advantage for Manitoba based students..that there will be faster processing of PNP applications, will be given 1st priority. Recently they have added two more conditons:
Important notice: Skilled workers applying to the MPNP as International Student graduates must submit with their application a Settlement Plan. (Part 1 only. Settlement Plan Part 2 is required only for applicants whose Connection to Manitoba requires their Plan to be reviewed and endorsed by a Manitoba Supporter.)
Settlement Funds: While the MPNP generally requires applicants to have at least $10,000 to ensure you are self-supporting while becoming economically established in Manitoba, grads currently working in the province may not have to demonstrate they meet Settlement Funds requirements. The MPNP will consider your employment income. But in all cases you must provide evidence of some settlement funds in your name.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/international-students/

5. B.C - Usually should have completed a min. 12 months course in or outside B.C. Should have pursued an approved degree programme form an approved educational institute. Should have a full time skilled (NOC O,A or B) job offer. The job offer must be from an approved employer. There is no need to work for certain number of months.
http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/international_graduates/who.page
The BC PNP will also consider applications for positions under Skill Levels C and D of the NOC Matrix where the employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan for career progression to an occupation at Skill Level 0, A or B. Nominee applicants whose eligibility is based on a job offer in a NOC C or D occupation may be required to submit a language proficiency test.

There is another Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream for foreign workers, where NOC C and D jobs are usually considered under 2 years pilot project in Northeast Development Region of B.C for 3 specific sectors -
•Tourism and Hospitality
•Long-Haul Trucking
•Food Processing
where, applicants need to gain 9 months work experience. So, students after getting PGWP..can go for PR via this route too.
To know more about this B.C PNP pilot Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream see: http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/entry_level/who.page

6. Saskatchewan- Master and Phd graduates of Saskatchewan based universities i.e Univ. of Sask and Univ. of Regina, get direct PNP nomination without a job offer, provided they fulfill certain conditions like showing min. 10,000$( for a single person)in bank a/c at the time of nomination..so as to show proof, one can live for some time without a job. Other graduates of Sask based educational institutes need to do min. 6 months (960 hours) in any type of jobs like full time, part time, co-op, on campus..and at the end of 6 months/960 hours must have ANY full time job offer, and then apply for PNP. Outside Sask. students need to work any number of jobs for 1 year/ 1920 hours, and at the end of 1 year MUST have ANY full time job offer and then apply for PNP. So, Sask. PNP has a greater degree of flexibility. But no advantage in processing times for Sask. students... and it MAY take a longer time to get SINP applications processed under PGWP/other graduate with work ex. stream, as there are many many students rushing to Saks. these days..and hence the longer wait.
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

7. PEI - Must have a skilled full time job offer. Do it for 6 months.. and then be eligble for applying for PEI PNP. There are hosts of other conditions and requirements, which can be found on: http://www.gov.pe.ca/forms/pdf/1861.pdf

8. Quebec - Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR show intermediate FRENCH proficiency.. like passing DLEF B1 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100).. then direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate in 20 days under PEQ – Québec graduate stream . No questions asked but French intermediate level compulsory. In reality the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor need to wok for any number of months... nothing. Another route is Quebec Regular program – Foreign student in Québec stream, which is points based where French was not compulsory till Dec. 2012..BUT from Jan 2013, Quebec govt. amended their charter of language, where ALL immigrants MUST know minimum Basic DELF A1 level proficiency... then, applicants need to get min. 55 points so as to get direct CSQ without interviewe or need for any adaptability points. It's usually tough to get 55 points without doing a high in demand specific Quebec course and/or knowing minimum beginner level i.e DELF A1/A2 level French.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html

AND

9. Federal CEC- International students need to find ANY full time skilled job in any province (outside Quebec) and do it for 1 year. Then, will be eligble for direct PR under federal CEC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks tiger. Really appreciated. If i done 1 year graduate program and have a skilled job offer then i can apply PR right. If i apply PR, will i get it in 14 months or there may any delay to process?