+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver May 2012 Citizenship test takers and time line for oath

greatgypsy

May 3, 2012
Hi

I took my citizenship test today (May 3rd,2012) at Exp Blvd. I found the test difficult :eek:, think I will have 2-3 wrong answers out of 20, hopefully not more ??? !

Please share your feed-backs on the test and keep this posting updated regarding the oath time table and more!

Cheers to every one!

Vangard

Apr 17, 2012
I did my test back in April, in my opinion my test was not easy at all, I was well prepared, I did all the online tests many times but unfortunately none of the questions was in those online resources, I have my fingers crossed and waiting since then......
Hope you pass the test and get your letter soon, please share your timeline.

Vangard

greatgypsy

May 3, 2012
I was told by the officer that its very unlikely to get the oath letter before 2 months after the test. There will be also some security checks which delay the letter based on the country of origin and your trips out of Canada. But at least BC process is much faster than Ontario, as I understood!

I have to leave Canada in few month, so needy to get my passport ASAP.

Fingers crossed!

saltspringer

Jul 4, 2012
Hi test-takers from May 2012. Sorry to jump into your thread with something a bit off topic, but I was wondering if I could ask advice. I'll be submitting my application from Salt Spring next month (so presumably the Vancouver office now that the Victoria office is closed). I'd be open to any advice and timelines so I can do some planning. All info will be very gratefully received!

Congrats on getting that far through the process. I'm jealous and a bit fearful as this looks like a daunting process.

Saltspringer

van999

Jul 10, 2012
Hey,

I also had my exam on 3rd May @ Vancouver, Nothing so far.. any one have any update?

Thanks

greatgypsy

May 3, 2012
Finally got it! Here is my summary! Good luck every one!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 21, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 13, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on July 17, 2012 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.