Valid Work Experience ??

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

i have a question this has been brought up many times but couldn't find a satisfactory answer anywhere getting mixed answers im sure lot of people must have been through the same situation
so i completed my studies in dec 2014(exams were done first week) result came out in Dec 2014( last week), but on my official graduation certificate it is dated as feb 2015 ,
NOW,
1: started working Jan 05 , 2015 right after i completed study

2:now my question is my PGWP started in April 2015

so in Question "Date the applicant first became qualified to practice this occupation"?

what do you think i should put as an answer ?

PS: i have put jan 2015 (as i have received points for 2 years of Work ) Would this be a valid 2 year Experience from Visa Officers Point of view ?

I have received an ITA on 22nd December should i decline it ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
As far as I know that's asking when you had suitable experience/qualifications to work in that NOC. If you check the NOC details it will say 'requirements to work' which is usually 'completion of degree in xxx, work experience in xxx'... unless it says you HAVE to have that, then just list when you graduated. If that makes sense?

For instance my 2171 NOC:
Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

So I put my date of being qualified as the month I graduated from my computing degree.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
As far as I know that's asking when you had suitable experience/qualifications to work in that NOC. If you check the NOC details it will say 'requirements to work' which is usually 'completion of degree in xxx, work experience in xxx'... unless it says you HAVE to have that, then just list when you graduated. If that makes sense?

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

So I put my date of being qualified as the month I graduated from my computing degree.
yes i do qualify with the degree and all , but the question is " do i have a valid 2 year work Exp for which i have received points? "
as my PGWP started in april 2015 but i started working in the company Jan 2015 so i have received points for work Exp Jan2015- Jan 2017 . is this valid ? or would the valid Work Exp be April 2015(PGWP start date) - April 2017 ??
would i get my Application rejected if i proceed with this ITA for unvalid Work Exp ? , should i Decline this one ?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
yes i do qualify with the degree and all , but the question is " do i have a valid 2 year work Exp for which i have received points? "
as my PGWP started in april 2015 but i started working in the company Jan 2015 so i have received points for work Exp Jan2015- Jan 2017 . is this valid ? or would the valid Work Exp be April 2015(PGWP start date) - April 2017 ??
Ah I see, well, were you authorised to work full time in Jan 2015 with a, I assume, study permit?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Ah I see, well, were you authorised to work full time in Jan 2015 with a, I assume, study permit?
yes my study permit was valid until july 2016 and since got PGWP in April 2015 it sorta overtook the study permit ? confusing ? i know

what you think ? to be honest i have searched entire internet just to look for a right answer couldn't find one , so created thread .

Skeptical ???

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well I think you're allowed to work on a study permit, right? and you finished your studies?... I think you are good and as long as you explain your situation clearly with timings of when you finished working etc... as long as you don't get a newbie VO who sticks by the technicalities to the absolute letter with no compassion...

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has been discussed may times on this forum without any concrete decision, and mainly there are two arguments.

1. You are not working legally until you received your PGWP. When you finished your study and applied for PGWP you were considered in a transition period(implied status) during applied status whatever status you had previously it continued, meaning student. So In this case any experience gained before PGWP is not eligible for Express entry or towards CEC.

2. Once you finish study or studying full-time, you are allowed to work full time on your study permit( part time WP). since you finished study in Dec and started working Jan this work experience is legitimate because as mentioned, you are allowed to work full time while not studying full time and hence you can use this experience prior to PGWP for your express entry.

it's now for you to chose which point you want to go with. You can call CIC or verify with some consultant as well.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-done-after-completion-of-studies-and-before-pgwp-t399960.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-done-after-completion-of-studies-and-before-pgwp-for-cec-t391475.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-done-after-completion-of-studies-and-before-pgwp-for-cec-t391476.0.html

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your input guys , but some people on these links say it is counted towards a valid work Experience some say it Does not . :(

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know of someone who was in same situation last year, was implied for 4 months between study permit and pgwp, he applied counting implied experience and now he is a PR. He did not complete 1 full year on pgwp (4 months under implied and just over 8 months on pgwp)

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candavisa said:
I know of someone who was in same situation last year, was implied for 4 months between study permit and pgwp, he applied counting implied experience and now he is a PR. He did not complete 1 full year on pgwp (4 months under implied and just over 8 months on pgwp)
yeah the thing is that i had my work permit valid until 2016 July which gives me 2 years extra on top of my 2 year study. So , i finished my study in 2014 dec got graduation certificate in 2015 feb , again i started working in 2015 jan got my PGWP in 2015 april

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candavisa said:
can you tell if we should mention that explicitly in an LOE or don't bother with at all ?

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to mention that explicitly :D
Just write your start date of work after you finished the studies and thats why you should be considered for CEC

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candavisa said:
No need to mention that explicitly :D
Just write your start date of work after you finished the studies and thats why you should be considered for CEC
okay thank you , hopefully all goes well :-[ i will post the result on this forum , again appreciate your time and help guys

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
kryt0n said:

Employment requirements

or

Hi,

I have a question here what if someone is working under NOC 2171 (Business Analyst/Developer) for say 2 years and he has a bachelors in Civil or mechanical like that. Is he eligible to claim points under NOC 2171 (CEC) for a 2 years work experience.

Thanks
Ravi