+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer - not accepting

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
I'm wondering.. if you have a job offer from a company with LMIA, but you choose not to accept the offer (ie. hypothetical case: i want to stay at current job, but current job doesnt want to provide LMIA, but other company would), would it still be valid? Thoughts?

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
kikori said:
I'm wondering.. if you have a job offer from a company with LMIA, but you choose not to accept the offer (ie. hypothetical case: i want to stay at current job, but current job doesnt want to provide LMIA, but other company would), would it still be valid? Thoughts?
Well you can take the job with the LMIA but you'll have to leave your current job, off course.

Remember, don't try and get an LMIA from friends and family for 600 points. When you apply for citizenship a couple of years down the line, you'll have to provide documents as to what you were doing in Canada since you landed. If things don't match up, the CIC could deny your request. Not an easy thing when you are so close to getting a passport.

Long story short, get all the documents legally. Lying is not worth the hassle, specially when CIC is cracking down on people breaking the law.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
CIC has rejected citizenship application, and in some cases, revoked PR status of someone who got PR using fraudulent documentations. Lying and hiding from government agencies is always a bad idea.

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
I definitely don't intend to lie or commit fraud. But there are people who are employed in Canada as a freelancer/contractor/part-time, and given the rules specified by "Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)", they are subsequently forced to take a full-time job, which sounds ridiculous. The website doesn't mention anything about having to accept the offer. It only says "has made an offer". So I thought maybe for people who doesn't want to take a full-time job, perhaps they can just apply for one from a company with LMO, and choose not to accept it.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you're looking to get the points that come with an LMIA you need to have accepted and have an approved LMIA. Simple.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kikori said:
I definitely don't intend to lie or commit fraud. But there are people who are employed in Canada as a freelancer/contractor/part-time, and given the rules specified by "Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)", they are subsequently forced to take a full-time job, which sounds ridiculous. The website doesn't mention anything about having to accept the offer. It only says "has made an offer". So I thought maybe for people who doesn't want to take a full-time job, perhaps they can just apply for one from a company with LMO, and choose not to accept it.
EE requires a full-time, permanent position from a Canadian employer. So any freelance, contract jobs and temp positions are not qualify as a job offer at all. It may qualify for CRS points, but not for arranged employment.

LMIA is tied to a job (whether it's affecting local job market), not to a person.

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
mf4361 said:
EE requires a full-time, permanent position from a Canadian employer. So any freelance, contract jobs and temp positions are not qualify as a job offer at all. It may qualify for CRS points, but not for arranged employment.

LMIA is tied to a job (whether it's affecting local job market), not to a person.
Yes. I agree. But i think you misunderstood my statement a little bit. I'm saying that if a freelancer currently working in Canada with PGWP wants to remain a freelancer, maybe he could just get a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer with LMO, use that offer as a proof of employability for Express Entry points, but not accept the job offer in order to continue to work as freelancer/contractor/part-time

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kikori said:
Yes. I agree. But i think you misunderstood my statement a little bit. I'm saying that if a freelancer currently working in Canada with PGWP wants to remain a freelancer, maybe he could just get a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer with LMO, use that offer as a proof of employability for Express Entry points, but not accept the job offer in order to continue to work as freelancer/contractor/part-time
That's what I was saying. LMIA is tied to the job. If you don't accept the job, you don't accept the LMIA. Hence, no 600 points.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
If you're looking for eventual residency then you should accept the job with the LMIA and quit the job should you wish to AFTER you get permanent residency.

Dont mess around here