+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid grounds for an urgent processing request

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
I worked at a certain high tech company last summer as an intern. The company has contracts with the military and requires type II security clearance for full-time hires. I currently have a good shot at landing a position with them, however because of my citizenship, I virtually have no chance of getting that clearance. Would this be legitimate grounds to request expedited processing? I really don't want to miss out on such an opportunity

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I worked at a certain high tech company last summer as an intern. The company has contracts with the military and requires type II security clearance for full-time hires. I currently have a good shot at landing a position with them, however because of my citizenship, I virtually have no chance of getting that clearance. Would this be legitimate grounds to request expedited processing? I really don't want to miss out on such an opportunity
Unless they already give you the job offer, conditional on your citizenship, there is no ground

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
Unless they already give you the job offer, conditional on your citizenship, there is no ground
Well my ex-manager knows about my situation so I don't have an offer. It's a bit of a catch-22. Also on IRCC website it says:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
Would my situation be classified under "apply for a job"?

aj1997

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Kitchener
Would it be possible for you to get a letter from the HR of this company stating they want to hire you full time since you worked there as an intern? If you could get such a letter and if you attach it with your application then I don't think IRCC would deny urgently processing this application. Just my thought though.

Reactions: marby22

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Well my ex-manager knows about my situation so I don't have an offer. It's a bit of a catch-22. Also on IRCC website it says:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
Would my situation be classified under "apply for a job"?
Sure, but think for a second: if just “apply for a job” would make the case and get urgent processing, why dont we all apply for a government job tomorrow regardless whether we will get it or not, and request urgent processing in that ground ?

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
Sure, but think for a second: if just “apply for a job” would make the case and get urgent processing, why dont we all apply for a government job tomorrow regardless whether we will get it or not, and request urgent processing in that ground ?
Yeah, that's why I'm asking. It's too loose of a requirement. I hope that my former ties to the company make my case. I'll also try to get something from the company to back me up before I submit a request.