+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

V important

moon light 77

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
please, I want to ask about if any one has got a study permit in the previous few months if he applied from outside Canada
And if one has just got an acceptance letter for Fall 2020 and wants to apply for visa. Can he now??? especially the time of processing on the site for his country is 16 weeks. what is your recommendation???

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Lucky for you, any study permit application applied before September 15th for FALL 2020 will be considered. You can apply now. There are people who could not apply in earlier months becuase of the pandemic. They have been applying recently, few members of this group have also applied last week.

If you are new to the Study permit and have not been following the news. Here is a gist. They are issuing study permit in 2 stages. In the 1st stage they will check if you are eligible this is as good as a study permit. Canada is only giving 1st stage approval for now. You can start your online courses with this approval. Just make sure you apply before 15th. Don't delay.

Find out more here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html

Last edited:
Reactions: moon light 77

moon light 77

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Lucky for you, any study permit application applied before September 15th for FALL 2020 will be considered. You can apply now. There are people who could not apply in earlier months becuase of the pandemic. They have been applying recently, few members of this group have also applied last week.

If you are new to the Study permit and have not been following the news. Here is a gist. They are issuing study permit in 2 stages. In the 1st stage they will check if you are eligible this is as good as a study permit. Canada is only giving 1st stage approval for now. You can start your online courses with this approval. Just make sure you apply before 15th. Don't delay.

Find out more here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html
Thanks for your reply, But Can I ask if the program is online .Does it affect the acceptance of the Visa?? I mean it differs if the program is online or in the Campus??? All of programs are on line now. So , Can I have a study permit Visa if the program is on line??