+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

V-1 Visitor Visa Expiring

loraassi

Apr 22, 2023
Hello,

I am an international student in the USA but my brother is a permanent resident in Canada. I have a V-1 visitor visa that was issued in 2019 and will expire this July 2023, and I have visited him in the past using this visa. I do wish to continue to visit my brother in Canada. How do I go about renewing my visa? Can I do it now or do I have to wait for it to expire first?

All I can seem to find online is how to apply for a visitor record, but I don't think that's what I need in this case...

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I am an international student in the USA but my brother is a permanent resident in Canada. I have a V-1 visitor visa that was issued in 2019 and will expire this July 2023, and I have visited him in the past using this visa. I do wish to continue to visit my brother in Canada. How do I go about renewing my visa? Can I do it now or do I have to wait for it to expire first?

All I can seem to find online is how to apply for a visitor record, but I don't think that's what I need in this case...

Thank you!
You don’t renew. You apply for a new TRV and can do it anytime.

loraassi

Apr 22, 2023
So even if I apply for a new TRV now, while my current one is still valid it's fine?

Also I tried signing in with my old GCKey from 2019 and it did not let me as it has been revoked probably due to inactivity. So I made an IRCC portal account instead. Is it fine that my current visa is associated with that old GCKey but the new one will be associated with this new IRCC account?

loraassi

Apr 22, 2023
So even if I apply for a new TRV now, while my current one is still valid it's fine?

Also I tried signing in with my old GCKey from 2019 and it did not let me as it has been revoked probably due to inactivity. So I made an IRCC portal account instead. Is it fine that my current visa is associated with that old GCKey but the new one will be associated with this new IRCC account?

You don’t renew. You apply for a new TRV and can do it anytime.