+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using money after AOR

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
dear members
I wanted to know in your opinion, how common is it that CIC requests POF again during the application. I have applied, and my POF was bank statements for 6 months along with gift deed and credit card statements, instead of a bank letter as my bank doesnt provide any.
Meanwhile, is it safe to invest some of that money, or do you think they might ask for statements again?

thatRossMBA

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear members
I wanted to know in your opinion, how common is it that CIC requests POF again during the application. I have applied, and my POF was bank statements for 6 months along with gift deed and credit card statements, instead of a bank letter as my bank doesnt provide any.
Meanwhile, is it safe to invest some of that money, or do you think they might ask for statements again?
Immigration officers may ask for proof of funds when you land as a PR. If you are confident that you can invest and still have money to show at the time of landing, go for it. Most people like to keep funds locked until they have landed as PR.

Also, while your PR is being processed, officers may want you to provide an updated statement of funds. Again, if you feel you can show POF in acceptable formats, go for it.

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
It wouldn't be unreasonable for CIC to check you still have the funds later down the line. I would make sure you always have the minimum you need to support yourself and any dependents.

auditor1111

Oct 25, 2021
Experts could you help me with the following questions please:

• Due to medical & personal reasons, I had to use 1.72% of the POF money in my account post AOR. At the same time my local currency was also depreciating relative to the Canadian dollar on day to day basis. But I would also deposit the money back into the account as & when possible. So in short there were some days/period of time where the actual balance in my account was below the requirement 20,222$ but then as soon as I got my salary, I deposited and the balance went back up again in excess of the minimum recquirement. I have proof of In the form of all the medical reports etc . is there a problem with this ?
  • Would the above be a problem if I submit an updated POF via web form so as to account for exchange rate depreciation to beef up the amount that I had initially declared in the POF which was submitted in august?
  • At the time of eAPR, the exchange rate was 130.620 PKR/CAD, and the rate is currently 141.50 PKR/CAD, and my funds are in cash (current account) denominated in PKR. The requirement for a family of 3 is 20,222 $. I have calculated that if the rate touches 143 PKR/CAD my declared amount which is PKR 2.9mn would fall short of the requirement by 13 CAD$. So the question is , if and when the same arises, do I immediately top up or wait for IRCC to get back to me
would really appreciate your feedback guys