+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Used to be illegal worker becoming Canadian citizen

TashR

Dec 1, 2014
I know someone who used to work in Vancouver without any visa and permit. She came back to Vancouver a year ago cause her boss sponsored her. I assumed sponsoring someone means this person becoming a citizen not residence?!?! I heard she just paid few grands for the immigration. Again my assumption is she's finalizing her paper work to legally work and live here?
Since i know she used to be illegal worker here. Will this report to government affect her in any ways if her citizenship has been approved?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before she becomes citizen she needs to become permanent resident. If she has obtained PR through wrongful means and you have proof then you can report her. If she married her boss in order to get PR then there is very little you can do.

TashR

Dec 1, 2014
She didn't married the boss. I was told the boss sponsored her.

If she used to work here illegally and lied to the custom boarder that she wasn't working here and flew out of town the next day does that count as wrongful means?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can prove it then yes it counts as misrepresentation

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She was probably just sponsored for a work visa so now she likely has a work permit and is working legally and can at some point apply for her PR if it all works out.

If you report her, it's like any other poison pen letter and immigration may look into it but if there is no proof, I doubt anything will happen.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
Leon said:
She was probably just sponsored for a work visa so now she likely has a work permit and is working legally and can at some point apply for her PR if it all works out.

If you report her, it's like any other poison pen letter and immigration may look into it but if there is no proof, I doubt anything will happen.
Agreed. If the person has legal right to work and stay in Canada (sponsored by a company), CIC before granting the visa or status would have looked into her past immigration record as well.

The report, in all probability, will only affect OP's own bloated ego. Get a life and stop repeatedly putting unhappiness on yourself. More importantly, grow up and break free from the shackles of prejudice and jealousy. Have a nice day!

VISA02

Oct 15, 2014
TashR said:
I know someone who used to work in Vancouver without any visa and permit. She came back to Vancouver a year ago cause her boss sponsored her. I assumed sponsoring someone means this person becoming a citizen not residence?!?! I heard she just paid few grands for the immigration. Again my assumption is she's finalizing her paper work to legally work and live here?
Since i know she used to be illegal worker here. Will this report to government affect her in any ways if her citizenship has been approved?

Am sorry but why you wanna report her NOW! Why not the time she was working illegal if she for sponsored you can't do anything about it! To me you sound jealous and angry that se got sponsored!

Reactions: Noramoda

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA02 said:
Am sorry but why you wanna report her NOW! Why not the time she was working illegal if she for sponsored you can't do anything about it! To me you sound jealous and angry that se got sponsored!
May be she is his ex-gf

VISA02

Oct 15, 2014
newtone said:
May be she is his ex-gf
I think so too! And am sure there is no prove that she was working illegal a year ago! To bad now she will be a citizen now!

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
Should have reported her before. It makes me a little annoyed that you didn't.

Now it would be hard to prove and if you could prove it then you may want to be careful that you aren't going to get yourself in trouble for not reporting it when it was happening.