+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA drivers license ==> Ontario drivers license. HOW???

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
hello guys,

Thanks to this forum for all help.

I was wondering is anyone can give me some information on how to chance(if possible) USA driver's license to Ontario?
we are doing inland application, and it would be great to have canadian driver's license.

Is it possible to change it while application is still in progress ( submitted few weeks ago)?

Will they ask any stamp in passport/ visa extension? ( I dont have stamp in passport, my visitor status is till november 9th, i didnt extend visa since we applied for open work permit)

Which documents needed other than drivers license? ( driver's record?)

which office in Toronto area would you advice?

Any help/ advice is very appreciated.

Thank you

lokyy

Jun 10, 2014
Miami, Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
next week
LANDED..........
next week :)
the info is right here:

https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Guapa said:
hello guys,

Thanks to this forum for all help.

I was wondering is anyone can give me some information on how to chance(if possible) USA driver's license to Ontario?
we are doing inland application, and it would be great to have canadian driver's license.

Is it possible to change it while application is still in progress ( submitted few weeks ago)?

Will they ask any stamp in passport/ visa extension? ( I dont have stamp in passport, my visitor status is till november 9th, i didnt extend visa since we applied for open work permit)

Which documents needed other than drivers license? ( driver's record?)

which office in Toronto area would you advice?

Any help/ advice is very appreciated.

Thank you
I took my (expired) drivers license, my passport and 7 year driving record. They give you a paper copy of your G license which you can drive with until you receive your card which takes about 2 weeks. It was $80 and took less than 30 minutes. I went to the College Park office. I will say the staff and supervisor I spoke with were friendlier and more helpful than anyone in the states I've ever dealt with at the DMV.

Guapa

Oct 6, 2014
fugaziosbourne said:
I took my (expired) drivers license, my passport and 7 year driving record. They give you a paper copy of your G license which you can drive with until you receive your card which takes about 2 weeks. It was $80 and took less than 30 minutes. I went to the College Park office. I will say the staff and supervisor I spoke with were friendlier and more helpful than anyone in the states I've ever dealt with at the DMV.

thank you so much for your answer, it was very helpful. i was debating if i should go to college park or do it locally.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I'll hafta try that College Park office. The rest of them aren't friendly, half don't know what they're doing, and are not helpful at all. I do as much as I can online just to avoid MTO offices.

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Guapa said:
thank you so much for your answer, it was very helpful. i was debating if i should go to college park or do it locally.
No problem.