+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA - Canada criminal record connection

vegaexpo

Oct 11, 2009
Hello every1.
Thanks in advance for answering this tricky question, rather questions...
1). During the whole process of immigrating - from entering the country to becoming a citizen - let's say under skilled worker category, do they (Canadian Immigration) fingerprint you?
2). If they do or when they do, will the US record come up??
Thanks again.

maua

Oct 2, 2009
I don't know about CIC fingerprinting you but I do know that if you are planning on immigrating to Canada you need to obtain Police Clearance Certificates for all the places you have lived for over six months since you were 18. See Copy and Pasted below from CIC's website. (This is assuming you live in the US)

Applicants should provide a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) certificate with fingerprints, and State certificates from all U.S. states where they have resided for a period of 6 months or more since turning age 18.

vegaexpo

Oct 11, 2009
Thanks for responding... Yes I know that FBI only checks your record by prints. But still interested if anyone knows - do the Canadians fingerprint you at some point, assuming you don't get in trouble with law... Thanks again.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may be asked to do an RCMP criminal check, which is done by fingerprinting.

vegaexpo

Oct 11, 2009
Thanks. You maybe asked..? Is this a theoretical possibility or there are any confirmed cases of immigrants being fingerprinted?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone who is asked to do the RCMP criminal check will be fingerprinted. They will not do that check without fingerprints.