+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us Visa After - Administrative Processing

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
Hello Friends, We applied for the renewal of U.S. visas for our children while still in our home country. However, their applications were placed under administrative processing, although visas were issued for both me and my wife.

Since then, we have moved to Canada, and now I've received an email stating that the administrative processing has been completed, and we can submit the passports for visa issuance.

My question is, is it possible to submit our passports to the U.S. embassy in Canada for visa processing, or do we need to return to our home country to complete this procedure?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Friends, We applied for the renewal of U.S. visas for our children while still in our home country. However, their applications were placed under administrative processing, although visas were issued for both me and my wife.

Since then, we have moved to Canada, and now I've received an email stating that the administrative processing has been completed, and we can submit the passports for visa issuance.

My question is, is it possible to submit our passports to the U.S. embassy in Canada for visa processing, or do we need to return to our home country to complete this procedure?
Ask on a US immigration forum.

jundi zakir

Jul 9, 2024
Ethiopia
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
ካናዳ
NOC Code......
ካናዳ
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
15:7/2024
Doc's Request.
28:7:2024
Nomination.....
28/7/2024
AOR Received.
28/7/2024
IELTS Request
28/7/2,24
File Transfer...
15/8/2024
Med's Request
1/9/2024
Med's Done....
4/9/2024
Interview........
15/82024
Passport Req..
አለኝ
VISA ISSUED...
ካናዳ
LANDED..........
ካናዳ

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You and your spouse may have your US visas cancelled electronically due to your asylum claims. If your children are part of your asylum claim I would be updating both your current residency LMIA address and the fact you made asylum claims to US authorities. Lying to the US about any changes to your residential address or visa application is not a good idea if you’d like to visit the US in the future. It is also a bad idea to be using your home country passport for anything now that you claimed asylum. That could be considered reavailment which could lead to loss of status in Canada.

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
I somewhat disagree with your point of view.

Firstly, there is no dishonesty involved here.

Secondly, I have seen cases where individuals retrieve their passports after their case has been approved and travel to other countries, such as the UK, the USA, and Australia, using their national passports. This is possible because their passports still have valid visas, allowing them the freedom to visit those countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Secondly, I have seen cases where individuals retrieve their passports after their case has been approved and travel to other countries, such as the UK, the USA, and Australia, using their national passports. This is possible because their passports still have valid visas, allowing them the freedom to visit those countries.
You are applying for new visas that haven’t been issued so first difference. Your children’s application have outdated information. Just because people have done something and gotten away with it so far doesn’t mean that it is right or that they won’t get caught eventually. You also have a higher risk of being denied entry to a country if you go somewhere based on your old visas and you haven’t obtained a visa based on your new status in Canada. If you value your potential status in Canada follow the rules.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

IMO there's probably a way to do it in Canada but I don't know for sure and would suggest you post your question to the visajourney forum which deals with US immigration.

Reactions: Full_Moon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

If you are refugee claimants then please avoid using your home county passport until you have Canadian citizenship to avoid any risk of cessation. While the government only appears to be pursuing those who both used their passport and traveled to their home county, there's no way to know what might happen in the future, especially if there is a change in administration at the federal government level.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IMO there's probably a way to do it in Canada but I don't know for sure and would suggest you post your question to the visajourney forum which deals with US immigration.
The US may ask why you need to submit in Canada. Assume there may also be some fine print where you have to advise US if there are any major changes to your visa application before visas are issued. Best to contact US visa processing and just ask about your situation.

Reactions: Full_Moon

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
So Peoples using their Existing Visas for entering to US and coming back to Canada Using Th
You are applying for new visas that haven’t been issued so first difference. Your children’s application have outdated information. Just because people have done something and gotten away with it so far doesn’t mean that it is right or that they won’t get caught eventually. You also have a higher risk of being denied entry to a country if you go somewhere based on your old visas and you haven’t obtained a visa based on your new status in Canada. If you value your potential status in Canada follow the rules.

I found another post of yours describing a similar situation.

If someone is legally entering Canada from their home country, I don’t believe they are misusing any other visa stamps in their passport. Perhaps you’re referring to cases where people use a US visa to enter Canada and then claim asylum.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/us-tourist-visa-b1-b2.757968/

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
So Peoples using their Existing Visas for entering to US and coming back to Canada Using Th

If someone is legally entering Canada from their home country, I don’t believe they are misusing any other visa stamps in their passport. Perhaps you’re referring to cases where people use a US visa to enter Canada and then claim asylum.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/us-tourist-visa-b1-b2.757968/
What if someone applied for a US visit visa while still in their home country, but the application went into administrative processing and they then moved to another country through Express Entry? If they receive an email requesting to submit their passports, will they face the same issue?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

I had us visa which was issued in home country. I did not come to Canada from us. I came from home country directly. After a month I received my positive notice of decision I received an email from us consulate that my visa is revoked/cancelled.
I applied with my refugee travel document again and got another 10 years.
Doesn’t matter if you did not misused your visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What if someone applied for a US visit visa while still in their home country, but the application went into administrative processing and they then moved to another country through Express Entry? If they receive an email requesting to submit their passports, will they face the same issue?
your children’s immigration status and residency location has changed dramatically before submitting passport. By not updating their information you could be causing many issues down the line for your children. Canada shares immigration information with the US and typically US cancels visitor visas of Canadian asylum claimants. In general it is a bad idea to appear to be misleading immigration officials.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had us visa which was issued in home country. I did not come to Canada from us. I came from home country directly. After a month I received my positive notice of decision I received an email from us consulate that my visa is revoked/cancelled.
I applied with my refugee travel document again and got another 10 years.
Doesn’t matter if you did not misused your visa.
This is very common. People need to reapply for US visas after they are approved as a protected person and travel with RTD and new visitor visa

Full_Moon

Aug 28, 2024
your children’s immigration status and residency location has changed dramatically before submitting passport. By not updating their information you could be causing many issues down the line for your children. Canada shares immigration information with the US and typically US cancels visitor visas of Canadian asylum claimants. In general it is a bad idea to appear to be misleading immigration officials.
Technically, this can be processed and completed. However, in an ideal situation, it's best to avoid any potential issues in the future. I agree with your perspective and am considering not pursuing the US visas this time.
Appreciated your time and concern.