+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Security Clearance

NorOnt

Jun 28, 2009
Hello,

My wife is immigrating from the USA and I was wondering what the timeline is like for receiving results from the FBI? On the Canada Immigration site it states 16 weeks. I know that we can place an expedited date on the cover letter and envelope. I'd just like to hear how long it has taken others in the USA to get this information back? Also, how has the timeframe been for the state certificates?

If it actually took 16 weeks, has anyone sent their application to Mississauga without the security information and then sent it when received?

Thanks for your help!
Philip

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there,
I can tell you that when I asked for my FBI clearance and state clearance, it took arround 2 week to get them , and I asked them while I live in lebanon. But I have lived for 9 month in the USA.
it is better to send a full application.
Good luck
PS. include the PC1 letter , and write an expedidte date,and mention that you need them for immigration on the outside envelop.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
rorita_76 said:
Hey there,
I can tell you that when I asked for my FBI clearance and state clearance, it took arround 2 week to get them , and I asked them while I live in lebanon. But I have lived for 9 month in the USA.
it is better to send a full application.
Good luck
PS. include the PC1 letter , and write an expedidte date,and mention that you need them for immigration on the outside envelop.
Our took 2 weeks. If she is in USA then put the date you want it. They are very good with it and send it in time. Never send incomplete application. Just have some patience

dr_sarwat

Jul 9, 2009
Well, in my case, it has taken more than 6 weeks. I am still waiting for the FBI clearance. I am living in US and am done with all the other documents.

Good luck!

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just went through this---

For the State of Oregon (US), it only took 5 days since the center that processes it in Portland is not far from my home.

For the FBI, I stated in the form that I wanted it within a week and I got it by the day after that week was up. I guess I sent it in at the right time.

The FBI form has a line to have a date you need it by. I put a week after I sent it in just to make sure they were not rushing it.

HBeach78

Star Member
Jan 14, 2008
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Med's Done....
15/05/2009
Passport Req..
12/11/2009
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2009
LANDED..........
29/11/2009
I needed the FBI clearence as well, I put an expediting date on the front of the envelope and received the results with in a few weeks. Actually I had do go through this twice, as the first set of prints could not be read by their computers, so Everything was sent back(except the money order) but I did get a few new FP cards and once I got the second set done, I waited a few more weeks to get those results.

Take advantage of the expediting date, but expect to wait at least 2 weeks for things to be processed.

Our immigration package was mailed out on June 16,2009 and was received in Mississagua on June 18,2009... We have yet to hear anything from them...Coming up on 1 month now, we hope that no news is good news.

Good Luck

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I requested my FBI clearence package months b4 i started filling out the PR application so I had that ahead of time. You are able to access the needed things online from the FBI website as far as cover letter etc. As far as mailing that in for the results it took less then a month to get back to me.