+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Residents(on H1/L1/F1/H4/GC EB2, EB3) in CIC Express Entry Pool connect here

ginna.p

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
jsjsjsj said:
@ mashamasha
I don't think it really matters where you apply from. (Other members - does it?) In any case, if you think that you'll apply in the next 3-4 months get your fingerprints done and mail them to FBI ASAP!

You are right, it doesn't matter where you apply from. As long as you update your EE profile, I am sure CIC will process your file accordingly.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
@Deccan: The folks at ICAS told me that the understanding is, CIC only looks at the highest earned credential, so I need not worry about my undergrad degrees. Does anyone have any advice on that?

That's what I had thought, too. But WES asked me to submit information for my Masters degree as well even though my highest degree is a doctorate. Likewise for spouse who had to send information for Bachelors despite having a Masters degree. It'd be best to get the needful for your bachelors also to avoid delays down the line.

jsjsjsj

Feb 15, 2016
WES did three of my degrees (BA and two Masters) for the price of one. Maybe getting the institution to issue a transcript is a problem for some people, but as long as you can get that, WES is all the same process regardless of how many degrees you're getting verified. It might not be a bad idea to have all the degrees done because if I remember correctly the EE form asked me if I had CES for my Bachelors.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Deccan @jsjsjs: Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the advice. I was hoping to avoid the bureaucratic hell with getting my Russian credentials evaluated, since WES is asking for apostille of the original diploma, but I guess it's inevitable. Really appreciate everyone's help!

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Im in the process of gathering all the documents required for PR application.

Im really confused of the photo to be uploaded. No one in my area is giving photos in digital format and they only print photos.

Can any one of you suggest a place where I can check with in order to get digital photos for PR application. Also could you please paste the specifications you guys followed for the pic.

Thanks

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ESREDDY said:
Hi All,

Im really confused of the photo to be uploaded. No one in my area is giving photos in digital format and they only print photos.

Can any one of you suggest a place where I can check with in order to get digital photos for PR application. Also could you please paste the specifications you guys followed for the pic.

Thanks
Apologies if you've already checked, but you can ask to get a digital photo at CVS and FedEx, they can burn it on a CD or put it on a thumb drive. I'm pretty sure you can even get it emailed to you. I don't know about specific measurements for the photo, but they have various cropping options at the store and can get the job done fast. Hope this helps!

ginna.p

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
ESREDDY said:
Hi All,

Thanks

I am yet to apply for PR, but for my OINP app, the specs were as follows:

Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm
(1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), showing full front view of the head, with the face in the
middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.

Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1
7/16”).

The background of the photo must be white.

I would believe the specs for PR are similar.
If you are unable to obtain digital photos, you can always do printed photos, scan, and upload it online. I think you can have your photos taken from walmart at an affordable price.

Hope this helps and good luck!

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Apologies if you've already checked, but you can ask to get a digital photo at CVS and FedEx, they can burn it on a CD or put it on a thumb drive. I'm pretty sure you can even get it emailed to you. I don't know about specific measurements for the photo, but they have various cropping options at the store and can get the job done fast. Hope this helps!
Thank You..

ESREDDY

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ginna.p said:
I am yet to apply for PR, but for my OINP app, the specs were as follows:

Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm
(1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), showing full front view of the head, with the face in the
middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.

Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1
7/16”).

The background of the photo must be white.

I would believe the specs for PR are similar.
If you are unable to obtain digital photos, you can always do printed photos, scan, and upload it online. I think you can have your photos taken from walmart at an affordable price.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Thank You..

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone comment whether work experience gained on a student permit in the U.S. will be considered by CIC? I had two full-time, paid internships over my summer breaks and was wondering whether that would count? I also worked on campus (up to 20 hrs/week) as a student in positions that directly related to my chosen field. I am wondering if I should get reference letter for those jobs?

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Any tips for getting the Usa PCC done quickly?
Please provide the steps to get it done or direct to some thread if available
Where to get the finger prints done? And generally how long does it take to get the pcc
Thanks

m.p.s.r

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
mashamasha said:
Can anyone comment whether work experience gained on a student permit in the U.S. will be considered by CIC? I had two full-time, paid internships over my summer breaks and was wondering whether that would count? I also worked on campus (up to 20 hrs/week) as a student in positions that directly related to my chosen field. I am wondering if I should get reference letter for those jobs?
Any paid work experience counts IMO. Anything you wish to claim points or mention in your profile, you should have documentation to avoid them asking. If something is in your profile but won't fetch you any points, you can remove those, IMO.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I am in H1...expecting a PPR in 30 days. Does anyone know if it is advisable to send passport to CPC-Ottawa for visa stamping? Is that allowed to send passport across border??