+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US residents, connect here and lets share ideas....

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
My Query is to Kateg/drPilot:

As you guys got PPR, so I was wondering being a US resident, did you submit your passports to CPC Ottawa or Local Canadian embassy in US, which is either NY or LA?

Most of the time the PPR asks you to submit passport to CPC Ottawa office and people emailed CIC to change the visa office to their local region visa office. So how does it go with US applicants?

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi Experts -

I am an Indian citizen working in USA for last 3 years. I have following questions :-

1. Can I apply for EE from USA ?

2. Is process going to be any different for me ?

3. Is my Canada EE application in anyway going to impact my stay/visa in USA ?

4. Any group ember who is an Indian citizen in USA who applied for Canada EE ?

Thanks !

sraj07

May 26, 2015
prashantgupta8055 said:
Hi Experts -

I am an Indian citizen working in USA for last 3 years. I have following questions :-

1. Can I apply for EE from USA ?
Yes , You can apply from USA .

2. Is process going to be any different for me ?
No preference for people residing from US .

3. Is my Canada EE application in anyway going to impact my stay/visa in USA ?
No your US visa and Canada PR are totally independent .

4. Any group ember who is an Indian citizen in USA who applied for Canada EE ?
yes , I already applied for EE , Got ITA also .

Thanks !

sraj07

May 26, 2015
tortmaster said:
Interesting, my status is valid until Dec 2017, I really really hope I will get PR before then :-[
If you are residing in USA with valid visa to stay and work ,. then you are good to apply for EE . Just make sure your visa/petition is valid .

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kateg said:
For many fields, there are indeed more opportunities, better pay, and less taxes.

Then again, you don't have to worry about losing your job and being unable to afford insurance, and you are way less likely to get shot by the police.

It depends on what you value.
wow, isnt that an overstatement my friend :)

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmmEmm said:
I totally agree with what kateg said. One of the main reasons for bankruptcy in the U.S. is prohibitive healthcare costs. And, as to the second point, even a quick skimming of news headlines will suffice to clarify the excessive use of force--sometimes with tragic loss of life--by law enforcement.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
EmmEmm said:
No. It's not.

Police wanted to search my house, and I (respectfully) asked for a warrant. The officer in question pulled out a knife, and threatened to shoot me and plant the knife on my body to justify the shooting.

Edit: Lots of people are shot by police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States

Around 937 people are killed by police (that make the news) yearly. For comparison, in BC, it made the news when they shot 7 people.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/b-c-police-have-shot-and-killed-seven-people-in-2015-matching-the-previous-high-and-the-year-isnt-over-yet

If you look at the BC shootings, one person stabbed two people, another stabbed three people, one was making threats, one was wearing a ski mask while being aggressive, and another was involved in a shooting. With very few exceptions, people getting shot in BC are doing things that are instigating it.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-map-us-police-killings

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Aquarian25 said:
As you guys got PPR, so I was wondering being a US resident, did you submit your passports to CPC Ottawa or Local Canadian embassy in US, which is either NY or LA?
I'm sorry - as I said earlier, I misread this as US citizen, not US resident. I lived in Canada already.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a quick question. Has anyone with an Indian passport sent their stuff to Ottawa following PPR? I vaguely recall reading that there are resctrictions against mailing Indian passports out of the country but don't remember where I saw the post.

If passports cannot be mailed outside the U.S. do Indian nationals request a change to either the L.A. or N.Y consulate?

Will be grateful for any insight anyone can offer.

Thanks!

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR 2 mins ago.

A big thank you to this forum--without which I would not have gotten anywhere in this journey.

Will still be around to provide any support I can.

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bumping previous message. Anyone in a similar situation?

Deccan said:
I have a quick question. Has anyone with an Indian passport sent their stuff to Ottawa following PPR? I vaguely recall reading that there are resctrictions against mailing Indian passports out of the country but don't remember where I saw the post.

If passports cannot be mailed outside the U.S. do Indian nationals request a change to either the L.A. or N.Y consulate?

Will be grateful for any insight anyone can offer.

Thanks!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Deccan ,

Congrats for your PPR . Generally we cannot send the passport out of our residing country . Its a general rule .
But I am not sure here. Did u email CIC on this
?