+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Police Clearance: FBI Processing Times

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephygold7 said:
The FBI received my Prints April 10th and my credit card was charged today.
I hope the card being charged means there were no issues with my prints and I will get the background check within 2 weeks or so.
Will keep you all posted.
You don't have to wait for 2 weeks to find out, you can call them to get update (304-625-5590). All the best!

melgolchuk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Hi I have an FBI related question I hope someone can answer. I just received and email requesting a couple additional documents as well as RPRF they did not request a FBI background check (I did send one in with my app originally) do you think this means they won't be requesting a new one? Idk if I'm just being worry wart since I was debating going ahead and getting a new one done bc of the wait times. Thanks

melgolchuk

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
18-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
melgolchuk said:
Hi I have an FBI related question I hope someone can answer. I just received and email requesting a couple additional documents as well as RPRF they did not request a FBI background check (I did send one in with my app originally) do you think this means they won't be requesting a new one? Idk if I'm just being worry wart since I was debating going ahead and getting a new one done bc of the wait times. Thanks
The reason I ask is bc my FBI check was expired by about two weeks when I sent in the application. :eek:

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
melgolchuk said:
The reason I ask is bc my FBI check was expired by about two weeks when I sent in the application. :eek:
if they didn't ask, most probably you don't have to get a new one.
in February this year cic asked FBI reports for my mother.
I have sent one done in September 2013. Recently I have ordered GCMS report
which shows criminality passed. ☺

mankot

Jun 20, 2015
Thanks to all who posted valuable information in this thread.
I sent my fingerprints to FBI and they received on Apr 24. Based on recent timelines posted here, I should wait 2 to 3 more weeks. I have received mail from CIC to submit PCC,FBI clearance certificate ( have worked in USA for 5 years) and Medicals before mid of July. And they also mentioned "Failure to submit within time frame could result in the refusal of the application". All my worry is if I don't get the FBI results on time or gets rejected for illegible reasons, Can I buy some time from CIC by submitting the application with PCC and medicals with explaining the reasons for delay in FBI results. Please someone advice.

Thanks

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
mankot said:
Thanks to all who posted valuable information in this thread.
I sent my fingerprints to FBI and they received on Apr 24. Based on recent timelines posted here, I should wait 2 to 3 more weeks. I have received mail from CIC to submit PCC,FBI clearance certificate ( have worked in USA for 5 years) and Medicals before mid of July. And they also mentioned "Failure to submit within time frame could result in the refusal of the application". All my worry is if I don't get the FBI results on time or gets rejected for illegible reasons, Can I buy some time from CIC by submitting the application with PCC and medicals with explaining the reasons for delay in FBI results. Please someone advice.
Thanks
I am not really a big expert, but I heard many stories when people were providing explanation letters to Visa Office in case they could not get the requested documents in time, and it worked fine. So, I personally think, that what u are planning to do is the correct thing to handle the situation. I would also attach a screenshot or just a link of the FBR website page, where it states their current processing times. And also, to make it even more credible, I would attach the receipt of the package, that was sended to FBI from the post office.

mankot

Jun 20, 2015
Inpasarable, Thankyou for your response. Yes, as you mentioned, I would be ready with Fedex tracking printout, credit card statement( if it gets charged before the time frame) and all other required proofs.

Thanks

stephygold7

May 11, 2015
PTJ said:
You don't have to wait for 2 weeks to find out, you can call them to get update (304-625-5590). All the best!
I called today they said they were processing April 6th and the received mine April 13th so they will probably get to it in a week.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
Received my report today in the mail! Fingerprints sent to FBI on March 26.

flittering

Jun 18, 2015
I only just saw a few days ago that the CIC doesn't except 3rd party channeled reports, and I'm panicking now. When I was making notes on all of the needed things, I swear it didn't say that, but this was eons ago. We've got my Outland packet together and were planning on sending it out tomorrow. I've gone and gotten reprinted, sent off another request to the FBI proper yesterday. Is it all right, do you think, to go ahead and send the immigration packet in? I'm hoping that they don't request the official FBI report until my husband's sponsorship is approved and the packet moves along departments. That should give us the needed months for this one to come in.

Am I correct in this? I intend to tend the third party one for now.

Honestly, I don't see what the difference is between them.

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
flittering said:
I only just saw a few days ago that the CIC doesn't except 3rd party channeled reports, and I'm panicking now. When I was making notes on all of the needed things, I swear it didn't say that, but this was eons ago. We've got my Outland packet together and were planning on sending it out tomorrow. I've gone and gotten reprinted, sent off another request to the FBI proper yesterday. Is it all right, do you think, to go ahead and send the immigration packet in? I'm hoping that they don't request the official FBI report until my husband's sponsorship is approved and the packet moves along departments. That should give us the needed months for this one to come in.

I would just put a sticky note on your FBI report mentioning that you're waiting for the "real" one from the FBI. Unfortunately, there is a slight difference. I ended up having to request a report directly from the FBI, after I already had a channeler report ready to submit to CIC.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
flittering said:

You'll be fine sending the app without it. I sent mine in without it and already have SA and my app transferred to my visa office and I still am waiting on my results. Ottawa hasn't asked me for it yet.

flittering

Jun 18, 2015
Thanks everyone. I think I'm just freaking out over everything, and that unfortunately probably won't change for months yet.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
Hey everyone! Just gave the FBI a call. They are currently opening packages received on April 20, and finishing up packages received on the 13th.

I did not get tracking on my prints and asked if he could check on mine anyway. He looked it up by name and was able to tell me when mine was received (April 20 for me!) and that they are currently working on mine and I should have it no later than 2 weeks! Yayyyy! Oh also I can see that my card has not been charged yet. Hope that helps someone!!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
It helps me! That puts me likely in the next two weeks. We sent ours on the 27th.