Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Hi

My wife applied her PR visa in Feb 2008 to Nova Scotia as she is working in Canada on work permit. They accepted the file and they transferred the application to buffalo with file number. She was intimated with file number. Until now she was not heard back anything. And the online status is showing, Recieved by Visa office from past 10 months. And she was married with me now she updated the status buffalo office with my details. They sent the reply here. I am copy pasting the reply.

"We acknowledge receipt of your correspondence informing us of a change in your family composition due to marriage.

If your spouse is NOT a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, he or she must be examined in the context of your application, whether or not he or she will accompany you to Canada. He or she will have to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form upon reception of the documents listed below.

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

* processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
* notarized birth certificate of your spouse
* copy of your spouse's valid passport
* 3 recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
* a notarized “no” criminal activity certificate for your spouse
* a completed application kit with all the requirements
* updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself.
* a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail or fax (see fax number and address below.

Application forms, fees schedule, payment methods and photo specifications are available on our Web site."

In above message they requested to send updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 and also they mentioned "a completed application kit with all the requirements". We didnt understand what is completed application kit. And also we are not sure that what form need to filled for me.

Pls help us to understand this query.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
So your wife's family form must now mention you as her spouse. So she should redo that form.

The best is to check through the other forms to see if your details are needed there. If not, then you don't have to update it.

The easiest thing to do is to re-create an application material as if you were applying afresh to the visa office (all the necessary forms, documents, etc). Then subtract all documents that has no change in it (or you can still send them) and take out any documents that you have already sent like PCC.

The above is for FSW 1. I don't know much about the other FSWs or CSQ.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
She applied under FSW1 i guess as she is legally working in Canada from past one year. When she applied she did not added my name as our marriage is not performed at that time. And now as you said we need to update the form and even buffalo people mentioned the name.

Application kit we decided to send all applications to them. But the documents like marks sheets, diploma certificates...etc supported document was already sent when she applied. We are thinking of resending all the documents again or only application kit we can send as the other documents need to not be changed...we are in confusion in that.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
You don't have to send in the documents that you already sent. Only the ones like marriage certificate, your PCC, etc.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
what is PCC? I am not sure what is the abbrevation?

And also need to be filled my forms (otherthan my wife updated applicaiton kit). What are those form numbers that i can fill....Please let me know which form numbers i can fill (My wife falls under FSW)

I am going to send my birth certificate, marriage certificate and photos of mine and my wife(she already submitted..doubt on that we need to send again or not), payament of MO..etc..Police clearence certificates...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find all the forms for FSW here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp so it would be best like rupeshhari suggests to fill out all the forms as if she was applying with you as her spouse and then either re-send all of them or at least the ones where there is a change from her previous forms.

A PCC is a police clearance certificate.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Hi Leon

I saw these documents in the given link

* Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] PDF, 237 KB
* Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1] PDF, 286 KB
* Schedule 3: Economic Classes [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 3] PDF, 191 KB
* Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] PDF, 134 KB
* Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Skilled Worker
[IMM 5620] PDF, 35 KB
* Document Checklist [IMM 5612] PDF, 96 KB
* Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] PDF, 55 KB - I dont need this as we applied as our

The other documents my wife is going to resend.
In those above documents what forms i need to fill out as her spouse?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the application guide to find out which of the forms you should fill out.

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
Thank you guys.

We submitted the application kit today.

And i had one more question that we need to send bank statement to CIC office which should show my support also right?

trojanhorse

Sep 23, 2010
I am now in a related but different situation. My spouse chose not to follow me to Canada (not apply for PR). Do I still need to submit the following documents? It doesn't seem to make sense to submit criminal certificates, or a complete application kit, if the spouse is not applying for PR at this point.

. processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
· notarized birth certificate of your spouse
· copy of your spouse's valid passport
· 3 recent photographs of your spouse according to the specifications --original photos are required. Faxed copies and photo copies are not acceptable.
· a notarized “no” criminal activity certificate for your spouse
· a completed application kit with all the requirements
· updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself.

Thanks!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are still married to your spouse, not separated or divorced, you must include your spouse on your PR application as not accompanying. Your spouse still needs background checks and medicals but not processing fees.

trojanhorse

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks a lot!

So seems that whether my spouse is accompanying me to Canada or not, my spouse needs to provide the same amount of materials. Seems there is really not much incentive for my spouse to not applying PR. I assume accompanying me to Canada is equivalent to applying to PR?
I am applying under the provincial nominee program, when my spouse submits the application, what category shall my spouse put? My spouse won't be a nominee, but I feel putting skilled worker is not appropriate either.

trojanhorse

Sep 23, 2010
Schedule 1: Background/Declaration needs to be signed in front of a notary public of Canada. Since my spouse is not in Canada, how can this be done? Thanks!