+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! Travelling without PR card but with valid work permit? Is this allowed?

sozara

Oct 23, 2011
Hi everyone

I'm In Toronto since the past 3 yrs on worker visa, now recently a month ago even acquired my PR. I re-entered canada and officially became "landed". The glitch is I dnt have my PR card as yet. My husband's has arrived not mine. My work permit is still valid until DEC 22 2011. Can I possible travel on my work permit to Egypt(not my home country) and back without mentioning anything about being a Permanent resident. My worker visa hasnt been striked out or anything on my passport either. I'm planning on travelling tomorrow. Any thoughts?/.>>

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can re-enter Canada with a Travel Document obtained from Canadian Embassy Cairo. If your PR card arrives while you are in Egypt yor husband can send it to you by courier.

gavani

Oct 20, 2011
As per CIC, your work permit is not valid anymore since PR no longer need work permit.
I have the same issue...
If you're from visa-exempt country, you don't need travel document to re-enter Canada. But don't forget to bring ur comfirmation of PR with you.
If you're not, then you need the travel document!
You can get it in Buffalo...if all the required documents are submitted, a decision is usually rendered the same day.

yajumba

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2008
Doc's Request.
08-09-2010
AOR Received.
10-10-2008
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
March 2009
Med's Request
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2011
LANDED..........
22-10-2011
sozara said:
Hi everyone

I'm In Toronto since the past 3 yrs on worker visa, now recently a month ago even acquired my PR. I re-entered canada and officially became "landed". The glitch is I dnt have my PR card as yet. My husband's has arrived not mine. My work permit is still valid until DEC 22 2011. Can I possible travel on my work permit to Egypt(not my home country) and back without mentioning anything about being a Permanent resident. My worker visa hasnt been striked out or anything on my passport either. I'm planning on travelling tomorrow. Any thoughts?/.>>
My dear friend don't even think about hiding or deceiving CBSA officials. They know who u are and when u have officially landed..As rightly mentioned in one of the posts above, when u got ur PR status, ur study permit or work permit is no longer valid. So best thing is to wait for ur PR card if ur travel is not urgent. If it is urgent, then u have to get travel document from the canadian embassy abroad. In this case Cairo...So getting travel doeument is not a bog deal. Just make sure that u have ur Passport and COPR...thats all they need to issue you TD....

Hope this helps..

Yaju

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi yajumba, good answer. It seems she already left for Egypt and did not read the replies!!!.