+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Supervisa for parent

MariumManzoor

Sep 20, 2013
To Leon and the others:

I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto and I am about to apply for a supervisa for my father. My mother passed away 6 months ago, and my father is all alone in Pakistan. I want to make sure I send the right documents so I hope someone can guide me as I want to submit the form ASAP.

1. I have already prepared the letter of invitation.
2. I have gathered my 2012 Notice of Assesment showing income of 50,000 as proof of income.
3. I have sent my father copies of my canadian citizenship card and passport as proof of nationality.
4. I am enclosing a copy of my national ID card in pakistan showing my father's name as my parent.
5. I have begun gathering health insurance quotes for my father from insurance companies. I will buy
the insurance as soon as I can.

As always, there is a complication in my case. Firstly, I was laid off from work late last year and have spent the time since then
initially on EI and now I am going to school to finish a few courses for my Bachelors degree.

However, my notice of assesment is dates september 15th 2013, and my 2012 assesment shows the income amount of 50,000. I will however not be able to provide a job letter - is this okay for proof of income??

Please let me know urgently as well as anything else I should send. I really appreciate your help! Also, does anyone know how long islamabad takes for supervisa applications???

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
No 1 to 5 looks good and covers good amount of requirements. But your current employment status is very important as you are applying for a sponsorship visa. You will need to provide proof of your current income in addition to past two year's notice of assessment. When I applied, I had past two years notice of assessment, late three paystubs, and next year's contract from my employer stating my annual salary. The process was as smooth as it can be.

Without proper income documents, you will be wasting your time and money. Immigration officers are very good at spotting missing documents.

KiranLev

Jun 27, 2012
Im not sure on this but I know you need 2-3 years of Notice of Assesments and/or a job letter.

I dont think you need to submit both but i could b wrong.