+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT !!!! STUDY VISA QUERIES- GOING FOR MBA THIS SEPT2010

kunnuisgood

May 6, 2010
I had a couple of questions regarding the IMM1294 FORM for study visa from outside canada
1. I studied in canada for my bachelor's degree for 4 years and later got the work visa after my studies for 1 year. I also got the work permit valid for 1 year but i applied for the post graduate work permit after my previous work permit expired and they extended the work permit for another 2 years till oct 2010.
I lost my job in july 2009 and wanted to come back to india for sometime so that i could go back before my mba starting in 2010 sept. I applied for the work visa as my previous work visa had expired in order to enter into canada. I applied for the work visa from within canada and got refused. So now for the questions in the form saying a) Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada? and b) Have you been refused to travel to canada? Should i tick yes for both the questions or what should i do? and what kind of details should i provide for the question i have said yes
2. I have worked with my dad in his business and helped him from july 2009 till now, so should i write self employed or should i write unemployed?
3. My dad is going to help me with the funds. Should i show the funds available for the mba program in his bank account in india or should i show the funds available in my account in canada as i have an account there in a bank for 6 years now and also the statement for the bank. AS I WOULD PREFER TO SHOW THE BALANCE SHEET AND ALL OF THE COMPANY AND JUST WANT TO SHOW THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT
4. If my tuition is $50,000 and my expenses add upto 15,000 on top of that for my 2 year mba program, so what is the appropriate amount i should show in my or my dad's bank account. Would 80,000 be fine or less or more?

amathen

May 6, 2010
Cochin, Kerala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunnuisgood: from what you have stated you were denied a work permit - you have not been ordered to leave or refused admission. Just use the comments section to indicate that you had applied and was denied a work permit and that you did not know that you needed to apply for a study permit instead. I don't understand why you did not apply for a study permit for your MBA instead of the work permit extension to begin with.

kunnuisgood

May 6, 2010
No...i think u did not understand the issue...just read this n u ll understand coz i was not refused the work permit but the worker visa extension that i wanted..i have explained it properly here.... I have got admitted into the MBA program in mcmaster university and am applying for a study permit from delhi, india.
I have already done my Bachelors from canada itself and worked there for almost 2 years on the work permit.
When I graduated from university ( bachelors), I got the work permit valid for 1 year and the temporary resident visa(worker) valid for 1 year from 15/6/2007 till 2/7/2008 but the post graduate work permit rule was then introduced and i then applied for an extension of my work permit and i got an open work permit valid until oct2010, ie they extended my work permit for 2 years more........ but i did not apply for an extension of the temporary resident visa( worker) at that time as I was in canada and i did not need a visa to stay in canada but when i wanted to come back to my country in july 2009 last year, I applied for an extension of the temporary resident visa which was refused by the detroit immigration office. So i do have the work permit valid until oct2010 this year but do not have the valid temporary resident visa and I am currently in india.
NOW MY question is that there are 2 questions in the form for study visa from outside canada that need an answer in yes or no
Should I answer yes to both or what should i do and what should i write in the details of the anwer given...... what kind of details
Questions are
1. Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave canada?
2. Have you been refused a visa to travel to canada ?

amathen

May 6, 2010
Cochin, Kerala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should answer YES and in the comments section state exactly what you have stated .. except try to make it concise. You can state that you had applied for a Temp res visa and was denied ... (provide a copy and your Client Id number)... If you had applied for a study permit for you MBA and the temp res visa along with it, you would probably have been approved. They cannot give you a temp res visa that is longer than your work permit and your work permit was expiring soon. they generally don't approve work permit extensions unless an employer has an lmo or you had applied under PNP for migration or something.