+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent question for the experts

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my friend has an in process citizen application. His PR is expired and he wants to renew it. the problem that he forgot what he wrote in the work section in the citizenship application so , he can rewrite it in the PR application. he lost by mistake the copy he saved from the application which he kept for his records. now, he is afraid to write something and does not match with citizenship app as most of his work was cash and casual but he claimed it. do you have any solution? is he allowed to call cic and have a copy of his citizenship app?
thanks

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the citizenship app may take years so no guarantee if he waited. thanks for your response

Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
I am not an expert, but I would advise him to not to proceed with his PR card application if he doesnt plan to travel. Good luck

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
my friend has an in process citizen application. His PR is expired and he wants to renew it. the problem that he forgot what he wrote in the work section in the citizenship application so , he can rewrite it in the PR application. he lost by mistake the copy he saved from the application which he kept for his records. now, he is afraid to write something and does not match with citizenship app as most of his work was cash and casual but he claimed it. do you have any solution? is he allowed to call cic and have a copy of his citizenship app?
Hey can get a copy of his citizenship application by requesting his ATIP physical files. It is free if requested through the Privacy Act. It's $5 if requested through the Access to Information Act. Same info either way. One can google CIC and ATIP to find the link.
It will take around 30 days to receive.

Also, just to clarify, his PR is not expired. Permanent Residency is permanent as long as one maintains their residency obligation. It does not expire. His PR card is expired.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks a lot, then he can have all the information in the physical files, same as what he wrote? it is amazing. how long does it take?

eileenf said:
Hey can get a copy of his citizenship application by requesting his ATIP physical files. It is free if requested through the Privacy Act. It's $5 if requested through the Access to Information Act. Same info either way. One can google CIC and ATIP to find the link.
It will take around 30 days to receive.

Also, just to clarify, his PR is not expired. Permanent Residency is permanent as long as one maintains their residency obligation. It does not expire. His PR card is expired.

RajevSantik

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
I am not an expert, but I would advise him to not to proceed with his PR card application if he doesnt plan to travel. Good luck
I think if the PR expired he will not have the right to stay in Canada...