+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent query from Dhaka, Bangladesh

wahidrahman

May 26, 2011
I have got admission for MSc in Computer Science in the University of Manitoba for fall 2011. I have also awarded 20000CAD (Entrance Scholarship-4000CAD + Guaranteed Funding Package-16000CAD) for first year and another 16000CAD (Guaranteed Funding Package) for second year. I already received all the necessary documents from the University.

The tuition fee is: $8500
Living cost: $10000 (by cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3)
Total Expenses: $18500 for the first year which is less than $20000.

1. Still I need to submit additional sources of fund? Actually It is very difficult for me to do so.

2. I am an employee of Bangladesh Bank. If I obtain VISA then my office may grant a study leave or leave without pay for me. Now, my question is: is it mandatory to submit any documents from my office to obtain visa? My office says there is no provision of providing clearance certificate or related documents before getting visa. So, if visa office wants any documents from my office then I have to submit the written statement of visa office to my office.

3. I am almost at the end of my M.Sc. in CSE @ BUET. So, this will be my 2nd Masters in Manitoba. U. of M. offers me the admission with a condition that: I have to complete my running master from BUET within 31 August 2011. I think it is sufficient time for me to complete the degree because 11st June 2011 is the date of my final defense. So, I think I will be able to get my degree certificate within August 2011. But I have to apply for the VISA at this moment. My question is: Is it necessary to submit my MSc degree certificate for applying VISA? If it is then it will be too late for visa application :( . So, I need appropriate suggestion from the expert.

sofiqhasan

Jun 29, 2011
Dear wahid,

Your MSc is a Two year Program.You do not have the documentation for the fund
of second year of study though you will get it.Do not forget to add the up down air
fair with the cost of two year expense.I am going to U of M this Fall.I have got the
visa.If you wish to contact me for further information,please feel free to mail me at
sofiqbuet@yahoo.com or 01754111670.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
wahidrahman said:
I have got admission for MSc in Computer Science in the University of Manitoba for fall 2011. I have also awarded 20000CAD (Entrance Scholarship-4000CAD + Guaranteed Funding Package-16000CAD) for first year and another 16000CAD (Guaranteed Funding Package) for second year. I already received all the necessary documents from the University.

The tuition fee is: $8500
Living cost: $10000 (by cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3)
Total Expenses: $18500 for the first year which is less than $20000.

1. Still I need to submit additional sources of fund? Actually It is very difficult for me to do so.

2. I am an employee of Bangladesh Bank. If I obtain VISA then my office may grant a study leave or leave without pay for me. Now, my question is: is it mandatory to submit any documents from my office to obtain visa? My office says there is no provision of providing clearance certificate or related documents before getting visa. So, if visa office wants any documents from my office then I have to submit the written statement of visa office to my office.

3. I am almost at the end of my M.Sc. in CSE @ BUET. So, this will be my 2nd Masters in Manitoba. U. of M. offers me the admission with a condition that: I have to complete my running master from BUET within 31 August 2011. I think it is sufficient time for me to complete the degree because 11st June 2011 is the date of my final defense. So, I think I will be able to get my degree certificate within August 2011. But I have to apply for the VISA at this moment. My question is: Is it necessary to submit my MSc degree certificate for applying VISA? If it is then it will be too late for visa application :( . So, I need appropriate suggestion from the expert.
Hello Bhaia,

1st of all, congratulation for getting the admission and also the scholarship. I am going to uCalgary for MEng in Electrical Engineering. Now here are the answers to your queries:

1. Well since you have scholarship, you don't have to show additional fund but it is always a suggested method to convince the VO by showing additional fund so that he/she will understand that you can sustain your studies even if (hopefully not) your scholarship is discontinued. Beside funds, you have to show properties for country tie. This is a very important thing and many of the applications get rejected just because of not being able to show any tie.

2. Well since you are working now, you will have to give a job letter to VFS along with other documents. I will be an advantage for your application if it is mentioned that upon getting the visa, you will be permitted a leave without pay in the letter. It will also be a strong country tie.

3. Now here is a big catch: you have been offered a conditional admission. And till you meet your condition, I don't think visa office will issue any permit for you. I think you should contact with VFS regarding this matter.

Bhaia if you need any more assistance, feel free to contact me at raiedhasan@gmail.com

abrar2007

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
Med's Request
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
13-08-2011
I AM ADDING SOME WORDS TO RHASAN BROTHER'S POST

you are already doing Ms in CSE and you have applied for the same course in a canadian university. you might face problems; relating: your course is not appropriate OR your intention is not right.
but there is always ways, so not worry... You have to write a strong SOP/cover letter

ans of Q 1.
It is always recommended to have sponsors along with your scholarship. if you can't sponsor yourself then keep in mind that Canadian high commission accepts Sponsorship from parents and any other third parties related to you. if you can show funds and property in the country then it'll help you to show Home tie. and it also shows the undertaking of the sponsor in a Legal paper(affidavit) that you will come back after completing your studies and will not over stay at CANADA. Funds, properties, affidavit will strengthen your case and reduce the chance of refusal.

ans of 2.
You can take Experience certificate from the bank stating that your a bonafide employee and working since..0/0/0
but it will make your case stronger if you can show that the bank will hold your post or grant you an unpaid leave if you get the visa.
OR
As you cant produce the letter, You can take a recommendation letter from your superior(including his Sign+stamp) that a foreign degree will help you to get promoted or find a good job in your local country. and he wishes you best for your degree @ UOM

ans of Q3
you have to submit an unconditional offer letter/Letter of Acceptance. if there is a condition on you offer letter then you have to meet that before you submit your application to VFS.

quoting from checklist
Original and a photocopy of the Letter of Acceptance from your educational institution in Canada. If your acceptance is conditional you must show you can meet the conditions.

I GUESS ...You can take a letter from department head(including his Sign+stamp) that your course will be completed by August.

it's my view only :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
abrar2007 said:
I AM ADDING SOME WORDS TO RHASAN BROTHER'S POST

you are already doing Ms in CSE and you have applied for the same course in a canadian university. you might face problems; relating: your course is not appropriate OR your intention is not right.
but there is always ways, so not worry... You have to write a strong SOP/cover letter

ans of Q 1.
It is always recommended to have sponsors along with your scholarship. if you can't sponsor yourself then keep in mind that Canadian high commission accepts Sponsorship from parents and any other third parties related to you. if you can show funds and property in the country then it'll help you to show Home tie. and it also shows the undertaking of the sponsor in a Legal paper(affidavit) that you will come back after completing your studies and will not over stay at CANADA. Funds, properties, affidavit will strengthen your case and reduce the chance of refusal.

ans of 2.
You can take Experience certificate from the bank stating that your a bonafide employee and working since..0/0/0
but it will make your case stronger if you can show that the bank will hold your post or grant you an unpaid leave if you get the visa.
OR
As you cant produce the letter, You can take a recommendation letter from your superior(including his Sign+stamp) that a foreign degree will help you to get promoted or find a good job in your local country. and he wishes you best for your degree @ UOM

ans of Q3
you have to submit an unconditional offer letter/Letter of Acceptance. if there is a condition on you offer letter then you have to meet that before you submit your application to VFS.

quoting from checklist
Original and a photocopy of the Letter of Acceptance from your educational institution in Canada. If your acceptance is conditional you must show you can meet the conditions.

I GUESS ...You can take a letter from department head(including his Sign+stamp) that your course will be completed by August.

it's my view only :)
Letters from employer/department regarding things which can't be proven directly works like magic :D

Btw abrar2007, any update regarding your application?

abrar2007

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
Med's Request
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
13-08-2011
@rhasan,,,nop ...how did u pass your days??....thousand of thoughts (both good and bad) are popping in my head right now.... huh...

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
abrar2007 said:
@ rhasan,,,nop ...how did u pass your days??....thousand of thoughts (both good and bad) are popping in my head right now.... huh...
I just kept on watching movies till i got call from VFS...lol