Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2011
LANDED..........
20-03-2011
I agree with you on most what you have stated. However, and I am sure you will agree, a person from visa waver country attempting to enter Canada as tourist but with intention of regaining their PR status by remaining in Canada for a further 2 years stands a chance of being detected at the border and then being denied entry, and so they should. Nonetheless most will get through and this usurps the immigration act. The current policy effectively creates two classes of permanent residents, and this should not be allowed to continue.

Making the immigrant visa a multi-entry visa for set period of time after landing and strict enforcement of rules on everyone would solve this problem. By the way I am from a visa waiver country, but the fact that there is different treatment depending on your origins leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Gene E

Jun 2, 2011
rjessome,
There are different opinions on how would the Canadian Boarder Agency look on people in our situation. My family and I landed in September 2009, but did apply for PR cards and returned to the USA. Now when we reenter Canada some people on this forum say that we would not be treated as an initial applicants for PR cards and we'll have to apply for PR cards by mail. If this is the case I don't see why we wouldn't be allowed to apply for so called "Urgent processing of PR card application" using copies of tickets to travel overseas. Other people say that in our case we may be still treated as initial applicants and will be processed as initial PR card applicants. That's why I don't know if we would be able to apply for "Urgent processing..." I'm not really clear what would happen with us at the boarder. Obviously, there are not many cases like ours in this forum. I'm still not getting a concrete and clear response.
Also, if we are not able to wait before we receive our PR cards and travel urgently, would we be allowed to reenter to receive our PR cards, since according to the CIC web site, if we apply by mail for PR cards, we would have to go and pick them up personally.
Since you are very experienced member of the forum, please explain the above situation, so not only us, but people in our situation can benefit. Thank's a million.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've had experience with a client in a similar situation although he was visa exempt so not exactly the same issues. Your PR cards will NOT be treated at "initial" cards because you already landed 2 years ago so even though they are your first PR cards, initial processing is for those that have just landed. You can ASK for urgent processing. I haven't had to do this for anyone so my advice would be to call the CIC call centre. I still don't think you are going to get them faster than 4 to 6 weeks but you can always try. You WILL have to pick them up personally.

Gene E

Jun 2, 2011
rjessome,
Do you think there is a way to call the CIC call center from the US - I tried using Skype, but unsuccessfully.
If we're not able to wait to receive our PR cards (after applying and eventually using the urgent processing), before travelling, do you think that we would have any issues entering Canada by road (non commercially) for the third time using our COPR (IMM5292), so we can pick up our PR cards personally. After my first bad experience with a boarder officer, almost 2 years ago (when he did not give us a chance to provide a Canadian address), I feel really frustrated about any possibility of them (boarder officers) denying our future entry and PR status. Will the boarder officers be aware of the fact that we applied for PR cards, and if so, will they have any legal capability to deny our consecutive entry and status.
Thanks again for the very helpful answers.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gene E said:
rjessome,
Do you think there is a way to call the CIC call center from the US - I tried using Skype, but unsuccessfully.
If we're not able to wait to receive our PR cards (after applying and eventually using the urgent processing), before travelling, do you think that we would have any issues entering Canada by road (non commercially) for the third time using our COPR (IMM5292), so we can pick up our PR cards personally. After my first bad experience with a boarder officer, almost 2 years ago (when he did not give us a chance to provide a Canadian address), I feel really frustrated about any possibility of them (boarder officers) denying our future entry and PR status. Will the boarder officers be aware of the fact that we applied for PR cards, and if so, will they have any legal capability to deny our consecutive entry and status.
Thanks again for the very helpful answers.
If you are a PR and can prove it, they cannot deny you entry.

Gene E

Jun 2, 2011
Thank you rjessome,
Very helpful info. You're a really wonderful asset to this forum. I posted a topic regarding Supplementary Identification Form (IMM 5455). Since nobody responded so far, I'd like to ask you how can I obtain this form. In the next week of so we're entering Canada by land. I wanted to prepare all the necessary forms for sending the PR card applications. It looks like the above form is not available online for a download. I'm trying to be prepared after we enter to submit our applications as soon as possible.
Is there any other way to obtain the above form (like from a law office, etc.)? On the CIC website they say it would take two weeks to receive the form in the mail after ordering. Since I'm time constrained (like anybody else, I guess), I prefer to be ready upfront.
Any suggestions? Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This form is only available by mail even to lawyers and consultants. You might want to contact an immigration law firm to see if they have any of these in stock and hire them to assist you with this. Sorry, will cost you money but unless you have an address in Canada that this form can be sent to (friends, family?) then you don't have much of a choice.

S

shibuya

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5445&lang=en

http://www.immigroup.com/IMM5455.aspx

Gene E

Jun 2, 2011
Shibuya,
Thanks a lot for the very helpful links, especially the one of Immigroup. They look very professional and competent. I'm in a process of contacting them.