+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - PR card Renewal, can i leave Canada after applying?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Krishna, were you able to return to Canada with your old PR Card?
I have applied for a new PR Card and my existing one is valid until Sept 2024, I have to travel to India urgently for a month...will I be able to return with my old PR card?
Your current PR Card will become invalid 60 days after the new card is issued. Issued being the key word, since that likely does not mean the date that it was mailed out.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Your current PR Card will become invalid 60 days after the new card is issued. Issued is the keyword, since that likely does not mean the date that it was mailed out.
Yes, I understand that.
I have seen people talking about "tool inspect" where they were able to check the status of their application. By any chance, do you have the link for the same?
All I know is the Client Application Status page and every time I try, it says we are not able to find any application with the details you have entered.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I understand that.
I have seen people talking about "tool inspect" where they were able to check the status of their application. By any chance, do you have the link for the same?
All I know is the Client Application Status page and every time I try, it says we are not able to find any application with the details you have entered.
I believe that it's just an option on your web browser. For example, in Firefox it's in the `Tools' menu at the top of the browser ( Tools>Web Developer>Inspector).