+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: pls respond immediately

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hi friends,

I received my FSW COPR in Feb 2014. Later I got married and my marital status changed. The expiry date in my visa is Dec 15 2014.

The office advises me to resend my COPR
and passport along with other documents immediately.

Question is : if I send now and it takes them to reissue in nov or Dec, will they extend my expiry date?
And how long it generally takes to reissue?

Thanks.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
papgust said:
Hi friends,

I received my FSW COPR in Feb 2014. Later I got married and my marital status changed. The expiry date in my visa is Dec 15 2014.

The office advises me to resend my COPR
and passport along with other documents immediately.

Question is : if I send now and it takes them to reissue in nov or Dec, will they extend my expiry date?
And how long it generally takes to reissue?

Thanks.
I don't think there something to worry about, as long as they have your documents and the delay is from their end they will find a way to fix it.

I suggest you ask the visa office how long it will take them to reissue the stuff and be prepared for landing within a short period.

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Thanks emamabd

I am in a fix currently with Schedule A background information form. This is the email from Canadian high commission office requesting me to send the updated forms to indicate marital status.

You are also required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself mentioning your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form

IMM0008, IMM5406 are fine. But i am not sure about Schedule A background declaration. Is the office asking for a form to be filled by spouse?

My situation is we are currently legally separated. The office understands my family status now and advising me to send these forms. If the office is expected a new form for my spouse, i do not know many details of my spouse asked for in the form. I cannot approach her now either to get the details.

How do i handle this? I have emailed the office 5 times already asking this but they're not responding.

Please help.

PM99

Jun 17, 2014
If you are legally separated, then you need not fill up the Schedule A for your spouse. Schedule A needs to be filled only if you currently have a legal spouse (irrespective of whether he/ she is accompanying you to Canada or not).

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PM99 said:
If you are legally separated, then you need not fill up the Schedule A for your spouse. Schedule A needs to be filled only if you currently have a legal spouse (irrespective of whether he/ she is accompanying you to Canada or not).
Where are you getting this? I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
papgust said:
Thanks emamabd

I am in a fix currently with Schedule A background information form. This is the email from Canadian high commission office requesting me to send the updated forms to indicate marital status.

You are also required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself mentioning your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form

IMM0008, IMM5406 are fine. But i am not sure about Schedule A background declaration. Is the office asking for a form to be filled by spouse?

My situation is we are currently legally separated. The office understands my family status now and advising me to send these forms. If the office is expected a new form for my spouse, i do not know many details of my spouse asked for in the form. I cannot approach her now either to get the details.

How do i handle this? I have emailed the office 5 times already asking this but they're not responding.

Please help.
You got your COPR in February 2014. It's now August 2014. In 6 months you got married and are already legally separated? I just want to make sure I understand.

Yes, they are asking for background declaration and family information form for your spouse. Even if you are legally separated and she is not accompanying you to Canada, you MUST provide this information regarding your spouse. If your spouse will not assist you to provide the information and sign the forms, you should submit as much as you can and explain to them that your wife is not cooperating with you.

Good luck.