+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT PLEASE!!!!-electronic signature-

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
Hello everybody,
I'm still fighting with forms and documents and technology in general.
Now that I've been able to gather all documents, I realized I have no idea of how to make an electronic signature. I have to complete form IMM1294E, I've "validated" the document and now there are 5 bar codes. and a place for date and signature.
So...when I try (and I've tried a hundred times) to type my signature, nothing happens. It's as if I wasn't typing. Plus, on my adobe reader there is a "signature"option but somehow it's not working.
So I was thinking of printing the document, signing it by hand and then scanning it and uploading it on CIC.
is it ok? I mean, in the end, that's my signature.
what do you think?

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
I forgot to say that I've tried to upload the documents anyway to see what was going to happened and the form IMM1294E was shown in green as "provided" even if it wasn't signed at the end of the page yet.
Is that the way it has to be?

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
If i recall correctly you don't need to sign these forms if you are applying online.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Alice_valse said:
I forgot to say that I've tried to upload the documents anyway to see what was going to happened and the form IMM1294E was shown in green as "provided" even if it wasn't signed at the end of the page yet.
Is that the way it has to be?

Signature is You Full name... Write it In the Signature Box.. And It will be Signed :)

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
oh WOW XD
So you mean the signature box at the top? when they ask me to enter my family name and last name? and..that's it?
cause then why there's a line for the signature below??? That might be if you submitted the application by mail.

Actually when I validated the form, a window popped up saying I didn't need to sign the paper if I applied on line BUT they will request an electronic signature AT THE END, when I will upload all of the forms...
I actually don't know when THE END is gonna be cause I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.... ;D

This forum is helping me a lot anyway :) Thank you very much. ;)

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Alice_valse,

When you will upload all your documents and forms, and answer all of the questions - at the end there will be a summary of your answers. You need to check your answers and mark a check box validating their authenticity. Then at the end, you need to electronically sign using your full name.

Hope this helps.

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
Alice_valse said:
oh WOW XD
So you mean the signature box at the top? when they ask me to enter my family name and last name? and..that's it?
cause then why there's a line for the signature below??? That might be if you submitted the application by mail.

Actually when I validated the form, a window popped up saying I didn't need to sign the paper if I applied on line BUT they will request an electronic signature AT THE END, when I will upload all of the forms...
I actually don't know when THE END is gonna be cause I still don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.... ;D

This forum is helping me a lot anyway :) Thank you very much. ;)
If you're going to apply online, you don't need to sign on any of the forms. "they will request an electronic signature AT THE END" means after uploading all the documents online, the CIC site will ask for an electronic signature. So you just have to select your name and click on I Agree.

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
Ok guys thanks a lot, it was such a relief :D
I'll upload everything on monday, I found out I have to upload all files in a single one...r u getting the point? I guess I have to zip them..cause I thought I could upload files one by one but when they ask me for "financial support" I have to upload just one file but I have like 8 pages to upload...

AND I have another doubt, of course:
they ask me if I want to stay more or less than 6 months...uhm, I just want to stay SIX months, no more, no less :D
I already mentioned the date of start and end of my course and It's also written in my acceptance letter, but if I choose "more than six months" I'm not sure "the visa officer will be satisfied that I leave canada at the end of my studies"... I've read somewhere on the forum that this can be a possible reason why they choose to refuse someone's visa. What do you think I should choose?

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hi Alice_valse,

You cannot upload ZIP files. You should use Adobe Acrobat to combine all the files related to your financial statements. If you don't have the required Acrobat software, use the below link to combine:

http://www.pdfmerge.com/

Are you sure there is no option of "Less than or Equal to Six Months"? Is your program of study only six months? As per the below link, generally a study permit is not required for courses less than or equal to six months:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E2

Regards,

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
There is actually a "less than six months" option but since I'm gonna stay exactly six months I didn't know what to choose....I'll check the link, but also the school in Canada told me I need to get a study permit.

Alice_valse

Oct 5, 2013
I thought about it and actually I'm spending there 24 weeks. so less than six months. Just will see if I have to get this study permit.

chinachin

Jul 13, 2020
Ok guys thanks a lot, it was such a relief :D
I'll upload everything on monday, I found out I have to upload all files in a single one...r u getting the point? I guess I have to zip them..cause I thought I could upload files one by one but when they ask me for "financial support" I have to upload just one file but I have like 8 pages to upload...

AND I have another doubt, of course:
they ask me if I want to stay more or less than 6 months...uhm, I just want to stay SIX months, no more, no less :D
I already mentioned the date of start and end of my course and It's also written in my acceptance letter, but if I choose "more than six months" I'm not sure "the visa officer will be satisfied that I leave canada at the end of my studies"... I've readword counter somewhere on the forum that this can be a possible reason why they choose to refuse someone's visa. What do you think I should choose?
a gree, thank you very much!