+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent] Part-Time Work Experience During Studies Discrepancy in Previous TR Applications

Apr 15, 2024
Hi everyone, hope you are having a nice day!

I have just been nominated by OINP and they have given me 14 days to submit all the required documents. However, I have a concern regarding my previous applications.
Long story short, I have been in Canada before my 18th birthday and never really had a full-time job.
I have had a few coops (both paid and unpaid) and a few student researcher positions. Since all my part time jobs were employed by my university and they are the only jobs I have ever had though they are part-time (approx 5 hrs/week), I just disclosed my educational history for the past ten years on the TRV Extension, Study Permit Extension and PGWP applications. At the time I was told that my primary occupation has always been a full-time student in Canada and as all the jobs I have ever had was part-time and employed by my university and had the title "Student" in them and my coops were a mandatory part of my education it would be covered by the term student; as such, I just put "Student" under the current activity and thought it would suffice and cover everything without causing any timing overlap on the employment history section of TR applications. Not to mention that I have even used the paystubs of my part-time positions and coops as a part of my proof of funds for all the extension applications I had, so I did not want to deliberately hide anything.

Obviously, now I understand that I should have put them down anyways. Now I am asked to provide all the details of my work experience for the past ten years for the ITA application and subsequently for the EE later. I am worried as this may cause a discrepancy between what I provided IRCC with in my previous applications and wondering if I should put everything down and include all those part-time positions under the Personal History for both ITA and EE. If so, do I need to include a LOE before hand or it is nothing concerning. Can I be accused off misrepresentation ?

Note: I am not trying to claim points for those part-time jobs.

Sorry for taking too long and appreciate your response :)