+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent ~need to do right now aboutwork permit for Postdoc position

nmy9420

Jan 5, 2014
Hi All,
the work permit form IMM1295, has a question about what type work permit you applied. should I choose " the exemption of Labor Market Opinion"
Any one has experience on that?

staticdust

Mar 13, 2014
Hi,

This reply is probably too late but I am also applying for a work permit for my postdoc position and have been advised by my institution to choose the LMO exemption. I think this should apply to all postdoc positions. This is where I got my info (click on the "obtaining a work permit" section): w w w .sgs.utoronto.ca/postdoctoralfellows/Pages/International-Postdocs.aspx

So, did you get your work permit yet? I'm anxious about my application because I'm supposed to start work in 2 months but the processing time at the LA office is supposedly 3 months (I just submitted my application early this week).

canand

Jun 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 9 2016
Doc's Request.
Nov 2, Jan 20, Jan 26
AOR Received.
Oct 9 2016
Could you tell if you needed a contract or if the job offer letter was good enough? Also, I did not think LA did work permits anymore. I was under the impression that all work permits are processed at NY. Kindly share your experience.

Thank you!

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
canand said:
Could you tell if you needed a contract or if the job offer letter was good enough? Also, I did not think LA did work permits anymore. I was under the impression that all work permits are processed at NY. Kindly share your experience.

Thank you!
when i applied for my work permit, i had only a job offer letter, and so i uploaded it twice (once for the offer letter, once for the contract!). it worked, and i got my work permit. i think for post-docs, they don't really need both of these documents; one will work. i also used the LMO exemption.

canand

Jun 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC -Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 9 2016
Doc's Request.
Nov 2, Jan 20, Jan 26