Aug 25, 2014
Guys!

Here is my profile:

Citizen: Pakistan
Education: Bachelors ( 4 Years )
Travel History: Yes
Relevant Work Experience: 3 Years
Relevant NOC: 2173
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While applying for FSW it asks you for your personal history on one of the forms for the last 10 years.

The only glitch i have is that i went abroad (Not Canada), to pursue my masters degree back in 2007 on a student visa but i could not complete it due to various reasons. I managed to do a few short courses on my own and get a job and the same time get a residence visa and stayed in that country for five years and then came back to Pakistan. Now Regarding this i have a few queries:

1- Not completing my masters degree when i was supposed to, would that be a problem in my FSW application?
2- What should i write in my personal history? That i dint complete my masters degree? this will definitely raise a few questions!
3- Or should i not mention it at all as i did not complete it? but then there will be a gap, although i was working part time in a retail store during that time, so should i just mention that part time work?

One more question!

Do they immigration officers check your CREDIT History or CREDIT report from the countries where you have lived?

PLEASE HELP as time is running out and these questions are killing me

Thanks alot

Troubled Applicant

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1 - No, this won't be a problem. Lots of poeple have started degrees and not finished them. This won't prevent you from immigrating.
2 - You must tell the truth.
3 - If you leave it out and CIC finds out, they will make a finding of misrepresentation, refuse your file, and ban you from Canada for 2 years. You need to be completely honest about your history.
4 - No, they won't check your credit history.

carsale

Aug 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the prompt reply!

A few more queries:)

1- Shall i mention this on the Background Declaration Form in education details as well? Or shall i just mention my Bachelors in which i graduated.

2- Or Shall i mention my in completed masters only in Personal History on the Background Declaration Form?

Please Advise......

Moreover, Having divorced twice , does that create a problem on FSW Application?

Thanks alot