+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(URGENT) Need HELP IN MY CASE !

mbox

Jan 20, 2015
I have done my studies in toronto for my 8 months certificate course . They give me 13 months study visa, just to be exact.

After that i got my one year open work permit. In which i was just trying to find any job in my filed. for that i moved to manitoba for sometime with no luck i moved here in calgary. i worked with a wedding studio as a Photographer website Designer and graphic designer.

The payroll started from April-1-2014.. My work permit was expiring on August-6-2014. My last payroll was for July (Until July-30-2014). My lawyer attached May and April Payrolls in my AINP file. They received AINP file on 30th JUNE. Under ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (AINP) APPLICATION

he applied for LMO for 2 times and 2 times they said they haven't received any faxed copy of LMO file. First time she applied for LMO on 14-08-2014 then 25-09-2014. she also included the fax confirmation.

And hhe also applied for my extension of work permit on August-14-2014. But they didn't received any LIMA so they refused my extension for work permit on 22-October-2014 and sent me a letter to leave canada immediately. But then just to maintain any status i applied for Visitor extension on 4 - November 2014. and they issued me a VISITOR RECORD. which is valid from 4-Feb-2015 to 30th-April-2015. But it comes with CONDITIONS /

1/ Unless authorized prohibited from engaging in employment in canada
2/ MUST leave canada on so on so date.
3/ Unless authorized prohibited from attending any educational institution

REMARKS:
Must apply outside of canada for further study/work Permit

I have only one and half months left to do anything. I need your advise what else could be done. Any help would be appreciated.

1/ AM i still eligible to apply for a visitor extension again ?

I WANT TO STAY IN CANADA.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can apply for visitor extension again as many times as you want until you get denied. However, as a visitor, you can not work so you have to keep trying to get an LMIA and a work permit if you want to stay.

To everybody else considering going from a study permit to immigrating, I would recommend doing a 2 year course or longer rather than one year because then you get a 3 year PG work permit. One year work permit is a bit short to find an employer and arrange for your immigration.

mbox

Jan 20, 2015
Leon said:
Yes, you can apply for visitor extension again as many times as you want until you get denied. However, as a visitor, you can not work so you have to keep trying to get an LMIA and a work permit if you want to stay.

To everybody else considering going from a study permit to immigrating, I would recommend doing a 2 year course or longer rather than one year because then you get a 3 year PG work permit. One year work permit is a bit short to find an employer and arrange for your immigration.
Hello Leon, Thank you so much for your reply.. However if I do get an LMO I cannot apply for work permit within living in Canada that's what they have written in my visitor record.. And I am little scared about doin that.. But i heard I can do it on border though.. But i dont have USA visa.. A lawyer told me this can be done on boarder he also told me I can travel to US on this same visitor record.. But if it's already written on my this paper.. That this is not authorized for renrty in Canada.. How would it possible.

After doing some research I ve found something in Canada immigration laws.. Please check below.

-- If you have a valid study permit, work permit, or visitor record, and you leave Canada and visit only the United States, you do not need a valid temporary resident visa (TRV) to re-enter Canada. (See the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, Part 9, Division 5, Section 190:3f). This also applies to visitors, provided you return to Canada by the end of the initial period authorized for your stay in Canada (typically six months or less).

-- (f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they
(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and
(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it;

I have a question.-- If I do get an visitor again.. Is it possible they give me an multiple entry visa rather than visitor record? .. Is there anything I Can do about it.. ?

-- if I get denied am I still able to apply for study or work permit from outside of Canada??

Please reply, Thank you