none - included on the application
Med's Done....
it just says "Medical results have been recieved." no date
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
almost December....still waiting =(
Case:

I sponsored my wife to live in Canada as the same time i applied for my baby citizenship. So, we are just waiting for my wife's visa. but my son application is still in process. I asked the consular if i can get a limited validity passport for my baby. they said yes but only for 2 years bellow. my son will turn 2 years old on April 3rd 2015. Then i asked them what other option we can get for my baby. and they never answered my question. does it mean we have to wait until my sons application is processed before he can come? how about my wife application...She can't leave without our baby(once she got her visa she need to come over). does anyone of you encountered the same problem?

Note: I'am Canadian citizen before my baby were born.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
acerose03 said:
Case:

I sponsored my wife to live in Canada as the same time i applied for my baby citizenship. So, we are just waiting for my wife's visa. but my son application is still in process. I asked the consular if i can get a limited validity passport for my baby. they said yes but only for 2 years bellow. my son will turn 2 years old on April 3rd 2015. Then i asked them what other option we can get for my baby. and they never answered my question. does it mean we have to wait until my sons application is processed before he can come? how about my wife application...She can't leave without our baby(once she got her visa she need to come over). does anyone of you encountered the same problem?

Did you register you baby with the Canadian Consulate after birth. They should issue Birth Certificate for the baby also you should be able to apply for Passport with that certificate.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
acerose03 said:
Case:

I think what the counselor may have meant is that the passport issued to your baby will only be valid for 2 years (from the date that it is issued).

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
poushi24 said:
Did you register you baby with the Canadian Consulate after birth. They should issue Birth Certificate for the baby also you should be able to apply for Passport with that certificate.

sorry i did not, my plan was to sponsor them both and didnt know he is legible for citizenship. :(

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
torontosm said:
I think what the counselor may have meant is that the passport issued to your baby will only be valid for 2 years (from the date that it is issued).
This was their reply

manil.consular@international.gc.ca
To me manil.consular@international.gc.ca Jan 29
Good day,

The child will no longer be eligible to apply for a Limited Validity Passport when he reaches the age of 2 years. Children aged 2 years old and above are required to present their original Canadian citizenship certificate to be eligible to apply for their first Canadian passport.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
acerose03 said:
This was their reply

manil.consular @ international.gc.ca
To me manil.consular @ international.gc.ca Jan 29
Good day,

The child will no longer be eligible to apply for a Limited Validity Passport when he reaches the age of 2 years. Children aged 2 years old and above are required to present their original Canadian citizenship certificate to be eligible to apply for their first Canadian passport.
Still you can register your child and get the citizenship certificate. Just get the original Birth certificate from country of birth and make sure birth certificate have your name as father. Then apply to CIC for Citizenship certificate. Since your child is still not 2 years old according to email you still can apply for his/her passport.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
acerose03 said:
This was their reply

manil.consular @ international.gc.ca
To me manil.consular @ international.gc.ca Jan 29
Good day,

torontosm said:
Children under two years are issued a temporary passport for travel, if urgent.

That is what they said ; can't issue Limited Validity Passport, which can only be issued to children aged below two (2) years old who have no proof of Canadian citizenship.
Remember LVP expiry cannot be extended.

I think your option now is:

1) Apply for proof of citizenship for the kid, which may take six months...
2) Wait for your wife's PR visa.
3) If you get proof of citizenship before PR visa, well and good, apply for PP; otherwise
3) After you receive PR visa, buy the tickets
4) Apply for passport with proof of urgency; fully completed passport application along with all supporting documentation as well as your/your child's proof of travel, such as a confirmed and paid itinerary or an airline ticket, and the receipt confirming submission of the proof of citizenship application as supporting documentation to assess the case.

This is my opinion, experienced members may chime in more...

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poushi24 said:
Canadian consulates issued a document called a "Registration of Birth Abroad" to the children of Canadian citizens (usually, the children of Canadian fathers) until 1977, after which they switched to the Certificate of Canadian Citizenship. I don't think the OP could just "register" the foreign birth with the consulate and then apply for a passport. In my opinion (echoing what Donvalley wrote), he has to apply for the Certificate, after which (while waiting for the Certificate to arrive) he may be able to get a temporary travel document allowing the child to get to Canada.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
alphazip said:
Canadian consulates issued a document called a "Registration of Birth Abroad" to the children of Canadian citizens (usually, the children of Canadian fathers) until 1977, after which they switched to the Certificate of Canadian Citizenship. I don't think the OP could just "register" the foreign birth with the consulate and then apply for a passport. In my opinion (echoing what Donvalley wrote), he has to apply for the Certificate, after which (while waiting for the Certificate to arrive) he may be able to get a temporary travel document allowing the child to get to Canada.
One of my kids was born abroad and it was fairly easy to get her a passport. I presented her local birth certificate, along with proof of citizenship for myself and my wife (passport copies). They concurrently submitted her application for proof of Canadian Citizenship (which can take up to 6 months to process) but provided her a temporary passport within a couple of days.

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Donvalley said:
Children under two years are issued a temporary passport for travel, if urgent.

That is what they said ; can't issue Limited Validity Passport, which can only be issued to children aged below two (2) years old who have no proof of Canadian citizenship.
Remember LVP expiry cannot be extended.

I think your option now is:

1) Apply for proof of citizenship for the kid, which may take six months...
2) Wait for your wife's PR visa.
3) If you get proof of citizenship before PR visa, well and good, apply for PP; otherwise
3) After you receive PR visa, buy the tickets
4) Apply for passport with proof of urgency; fully completed passport application along with all supporting documentation as well as your/your child's proof of travel, such as a confirmed and paid itinerary or an airline ticket, and the receipt confirming submission of the proof of citizenship application as supporting documentation to assess the case.

This is my opinion, experienced members may chime in more... :)

thanks! hope the visa arrive before march! :)

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
alphazip said:
yea, just waiting for visa then its gonna be a rush!We only have February and March to process everything, if she gets the visa.... :(

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
torontosm said:
One of my kids was born abroad and it was fairly easy to get her a passport. I presented her local birth certificate, along with proof of citizenship for myself and my wife (passport copies). They concurrently submitted her application for proof of Canadian Citizenship (which can take up to 6 months to process) but provided her a temporary passport within a couple of days.

when u said a couple days, they can release the passport within 5 days window? how long did exactly they process your baby passport?
and thank you for reply!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
acerose03 said:
when u said a couple days, they can release the passport within 5 days window? how long did exactly they process your baby passport?
and thank you for reply!
I think it depends on where you apply from. I believe embassies in some countries issue passports, while others need to send the stuff to Ottawa where the passport is issued and then couriered back. It's been a few years for me but from what I recall, it took about a week all in.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

torontosm said:
I think it depends on where you apply from. I believe embassies in some countries issue passports, while others need to send the stuff to Ottawa where the passport is issued and then couriered back. It's been a few years for me but from what I recall, it took about a week all in.
1. If the child is between the ages of 2 and 18 the Consulate and the proof of Canadian citizenship has not been received, the Consulate can issue a facilitation visa on the child's passport, which would allow the child to travel to Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob154.asp

acerose03

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
August 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
PMM said:
Hi

1. If the child is between the ages of 2 and 18 the Consulate and the proof of Canadian citizenship has not been received, the Consulate can issue a facilitation visa on the child's passport, which would allow the child to travel to Canada. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob154.asp
Thanks!