+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Minimum Income Required

username2013

May 5, 2014
Hi,

I’m having some trouble understanding if I met the minimum required income.

My family unit in :
2018, 2019: 6
  • wife, new born all in Canada
  • AND my mom, dad, their dependent son aborad (I want to sponsor them)
In 2017 , my family unit was only 5 , since my baby wasn’t born then.

Does this mean in the minimum income table for 2017 and 2016, I should refer to family unit of 5 and for 2018 family unit of 6?

Do you agree with that above approach?

Regards
Salem

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I’m having some trouble understanding if I met the minimum required income.

My family unit in :
2018, 2019: 6
  • wife, new born all in Canada
  • AND my mom, dad, their dependent son aborad (I want to sponsor them)
In 2017 , my family unit was only 5 , since my baby wasn’t born then.

Does this mean in the minimum income table for 2017 and 2016, I should refer to family unit of 5 and for 2018 family unit of 6?

Do you agree with that above approach?

Regards
Salem
Did you apply for EOI this year? This should have been figured out before you submitted EOI in January. Yes family size is 5 until your child is born.

username2013

May 5, 2014
Did you apply for EOI this year? This should have been figured out before you submitted EOI in January. Yes family size is 5 until your child is born.
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I’ve gotten the invitation. It’s only after speaking with a friend that I now have some confusion.

Essentially, my 2016, 2017 income meets the requirement for 5 family unit since my child was not born (it does not meet for 6)

But in 2018 I meet for 6, and I construed this as following: do I have the track record to support 3 additional family members given the circumstances of that’s specific year which in my view I have,

My friend argues they want you to show eligibility to support 6 even if the fact is your child wasn’t born in either 2016 or 2017

Can you help me reconcile this difference in view. I could not find any instructions online that explains a situation where your family unit size has changed over the three preceding years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I’ve gotten the invitation. It’s only after speaking with a friend that I now have some confusion.

Essentially, my 2016, 2017 income meets the requirement for 5 family unit since my child was not born (it does not meet for 6)

But in 2018 I meet for 6, and I construed this as following: do I have the track record to support 3 additional family members given the circumstances of that’s specific year which in my view I have,

My friend argues they want you to show eligibility to support 6 even if the fact is your child wasn’t born in either 2016 or 2017

Can you help me reconcile this difference in view. I could not find any instructions online that explains a situation where your family unit size has changed over the three preceding years.
The rules changed this year. Last year you would have needed to qualify for 6 people for each year. Now you only need to meet LICO for the family size of that year.