+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: LMIA NOC different than EE NOC

Dec 16, 2023
I am currently on my PGWP and I have a one year of experience working in NOC/teer computer network technician and my points are only 474 after completing a year.

I have an employer ready to give me an LMIA for food service supervisor (NOC/teer 62020).

Would having two completely different NOC’s/teers create any concerns/suspicion's in my application for Express entry as I would be claiming 50 points for this.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am currently on my PGWP and I have a one year of experience working in NOC/teer computer network technician and my points are only 474 after completing a year.

I have an employer ready to give me an LMIA for food service supervisor (NOC/teer 62020).

Would having two completely different NOC’s/teers create any concerns/suspicion's in my application for Express entry as I would be claiming 50 points for this.
Definitely!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Using a dual intent LMIA of a different NOC would get my EE application denied?

can anyone else please give their input on this?
You will have to prove that you are qualified to do this new job through training and experience. When your application is reviewed they will check to see that you are qualified for this new position. I expect you will have some issues because you must have at least one year experience under the NOC code that you're applying and your experience would be in one area while claiming arranged employment points points for another.

How are you qualified for this new job? Do you have training or experience in food services supervisor?
Probably this is not what you want to hear…I will leave it for others to respond.