Urgent HELP! Work permit question

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey Guys, @canuck_in_uk @scylla

I want to explain my situation here, I hope someone could help.

My profile:

Have an active EE profile
CRS 412
currently residing in ontario

Looking to apply for EEBC-PNP (Tech pilot)

received a full-time job offer from a BC employer
employer is willing to sponsor me for BC PNP, However my work permit is going to be expired in Mid august 2019 and employer wants a confirmation that I applied for work permit extension before starting to work (since I have only one month left now). Challenging part is If I apply for work permit extension I can work on implied status until the decision is made only if it comes back as refused. If the application is rejected as incomplete then whatever the work I did until I receive the incomplete application will be counted as illegal and will face serious issues after applying for permanent residency. most likely the application will comeback as rejected as I don't have a PR application in process or a PNP nomination.

To avoid all those above hurdles, what should I do now as I have 30 days left on my work permit. My employer can only sponsor the PNP to me if I have a valid work permit not just one month left on it.

What you guys suggest the best so that i can get PNP subsequently will receive my PR.

Thanks for your time.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
What type of work permit do you have right now.
IMO this job offer is useless unless the employer is willing and able to help you get a new work permit first.

Reactions: scylla

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
How exactly are you planning to apply for an extension? You don't qualify for an extension.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
What type of work permit do you have right now.
IMO this job offer is useless unless the employer is willing and able to help you get a new work permit first.
I hold Open work permit and agree with your statement.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
How exactly are you planning to apply for an extension? You don't qualify for an extension.
you are right I don't qualify and as mentioned above just to buy the time to get PNP and PR applications processed. and again my employer will not allow me top work if my WP is expiring one month.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Can I atleast get a LMIA Exempt work permit through BC employer if he is willing to sponsor?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
you are right I don't qualify and as mentioned above just to buy the time to get PNP and PR applications processed. and again my employer will not allow me top work if my WP is expiring one month.
Yeah, but as you pointed out, you aren't really buying time - you know your application will be refused, and you know that the work you do after your permit expires will be counted as working illegally, which is guaranteed to cause issues when you apply for a PR.

And no, you can't get an LMIA-exempt work permit unless you qualify under one of the exemptions. Do you qualify under one of them?

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
And no, you can't get an LMIA-exempt work permit unless you qualify under one of the exemptions. Do you qualify under one of them?
I just checked about this and I do not qualify for LMIA Exempt work permit unless I hold a PNP nomination.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just checked about this and I do not qualify for LMIA Exempt work permit unless I hold a PNP nomination.
There you go then. Unfortunately this job offer isn't worth much.

How long have you already worked in Canada? Don't you already qualify under CEC? Or even FSW? There may be other options for you to get your PR.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Typically I have only 2 options then, Either leave canada before WP expiry date or get LMIA from the employer.

any other legal options other than student?

Thanks.

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
How long have you already worked in Canada? Don't you already qualify under CEC? Or even FSW? There may be other options for you to get your PR.
I qualify for CEC and already have a valid express entry profile but CRS is only 412 due to lack of IELTS score. If I at least have 4 more months on WP I could have got PNP through BC techpilot.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Typically I have only 2 options then, Either leave canada before WP expiry date or get LMIA from the employer.

any other legal options other than student?

Thanks.
Well, there are options like marrying your Canadian girlfriend etc., but nothing too realistic - you'd already know if you had those options. There's nothing much that you can do yourself except go back to school.

You should focus on getting your IELTS scores maxed out if that will take you above 460. Remember that getting PR is a long term thing - there's no point scrambling and messing something up that could affect your PR for good.

It may be that you have to leave Canada and come back a year or so later, after you have more work ex. and better IELTS scores.

Reactions: nikki1992

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Hey Guys, @canuck_in_uk @scylla

I want to explain my situation here, I hope someone could help.

My profile:

Have an active EE profile
CRS 412
currently residing in ontario

Looking to apply for EEBC-PNP (Tech pilot)

received a full-time job offer from a BC employer
employer is willing to sponsor me for BC PNP, However my work permit is going to be expired in Mid august 2019 and employer wants a confirmation that I applied for work permit extension before starting to work (since I have only one month left now). Challenging part is If I apply for work permit extension I can work on implied status until the decision is made only if it comes back as refused. If the application is rejected as incomplete then whatever the work I did until I receive the incomplete application will be counted as illegal and will face serious issues after applying for permanent residency. most likely the application will comeback as rejected as I don't have a PR application in process or a PNP nomination.

To avoid all those above hurdles, what should I do now as I have 30 days left on my work permit. My employer can only sponsor the PNP to me if I have a valid work permit not just one month left on it.

What you guys suggest the best so that i can get PNP subsequently will receive my PR.

Thanks for your time.
HI
I believe when you apply to BC PNP, while you waiting until your application process, which takes 2 to 3 months, you can request a letter from them to support your application for the work permit. You can check your their site, I think I saw that somewhere