+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: SPOUSE WORK PERMIT REFUSED

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,
I was an International Student and my wife had an open work permit valid till 30/07/2016. I had applied for my PGWP in May 2016 and I have already received my work permit. But they refused my spouse work permit stating that she need to provide proof of employment as a skilled worker in NOC 0, A or B.

Now I needed to know what are my options? And why did they refuse it since what she needs is an open work permit as I have PG work permit.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ANYONE URGENT!!!!
HER OPEN WORK PERMIT EXPIRES ON 30/07/2016.

THANK YOU.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
vyas1782 said:
Hi,
I was an International Student and my wife had an open work permit valid till 30/07/2016. I had applied for my PGWP in May 2016 and I have already received my work permit. But they refused my spouse work permit stating that she need to provide proof of employment as a skilled worker in NOC 0, A or B.

Now I needed to know what are my options? And why did they refuse it since what she needs is an open work permit as I have PG work permit.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ANYONE URGENT!!!!
HER OPEN WORK PERMIT EXPIRES ON 30/07/2016.

THANK YOU.
maybe you have misread as the PGWP holder needs a job as NOC 0 A or B not the spouse. So you need to provide proof of a job with NOC 0 A or B for spouse to get an open permit.

Whilst you were a full time student was the opposite with no NOC requirement and spouse qualified for open permit but not so with a PGWP.

See here Section C41 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/policy.asp
Others can comment if i have it wrong

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Thanks for your help. However here is what they stated in refusal letter.
"You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market
Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."

So any thoughts on that??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vyas1782 said:
Thanks for your help. However here is what they stated in refusal letter.
"You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You
may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is
a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating
his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market

So any thoughts on that??
Which is exactly what the previous poster said....

They are telling your wife that her spouse, YOU, must have a NOC A, B or 0 job.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an
his/her job title, duties, and salary.
If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled
That is exactly what they say here:
Your spouse or common-law partner is

a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type 0, A or B, or
if YOU< a husband, has a job in NOC 0, A,B- THEN your wife may get OWP. In the quote- they speak about YOU as a spouse, not your wife.
So to issue HER an OWP , CIC requests YOU to have a skilled work.

reena.naik

Jul 13, 2013
Well if they are asking for his NOC code , then in my case I sent everything and I have a job under a NOC code still got refused ????

I am a PGWP holder and am currently working as a Quality Analyst with a pay of $13/hour which falls under NOC 2171 and skill level B from January 2015, i applied for my spouse who is in India for a Open work permit on 5th July and got a refusal on 29th July and it got refused and below are the comments of the officer:

1. You have not demonstrated that you come within the exception under 186 of the regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result your offer of emlployment must be the subject of determination labour market impact assessment before a work permit can be issued to you. your employer in Canada must contact the local office of Service Canada to begin this process

2. You have not demonstrated that your spouse is employed in a NOC O, A, or B position

I need urgent help to know whether I should reapply or what should I do next, please help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
reena.naik said:
Well if they are asking for his NOC code , then in my case I sent everything and I have a job under a NOC code still got refused ????

I need urgent help to know whether I should reapply or what should I do next, please help
What did you submit?