+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help: Restore the visitor status after 90 days for minor child

Analaura94!

Mar 4, 2024
Hi i have workpermit and last year in September my son visit record expired i didn’t know that i needed to renovate , he is 9 years old and we are mexicans how he can have the status again? I tryed to do it before but they scammed me :( so i need help how can i restore his status ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi i have workpermit and last year in September my son visit record expired i didn’t know that i needed to renovate , he is 9 years old and we are mexicans how he can have the status again? I tryed to do it before but they scammed me :( so i need help how can i restore his status ?
Child cannot restore status as it must be restored within 90 days. Only way is to leave and return.

Analaura94!

Mar 4, 2024
But i need go to my country and apply again for a visa ? And how many days i need be there?

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
@scylla i applied for restoration and study permit extension for minor child within 90 days of time .... Can i go to border and apply for study permit just to get the work STUDY PERMIT earlier ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla i applied for restoration and study permit extension for minor child within 90 days of time .... Can i go to border and apply for study permit just to get the work STUDY PERMIT earlier ??
If you are out of status you should not be going to the border. This is risky. Wait for restoration.

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
If you are out of status you should not be going to the border. This is risky. Wait for restoration.
Thank you so much for the reply, here is my situation. Your quick words shall really help me understand better.

Applied for PR , and was waiting for final decision, got ADR for RPRF fee and paid it,
i forgot to extend minor study permit before it expired, Restoration last date is 17th APRIL 2024,
got ADR asking an explanation for out of status 9th April 2024, and immediately applied for restoration and study permit extension and submitted an apologitic explanation ( took a consultation from RCIC lawyer)

below is the note from VO

According to our records, their temporary resident status expired on January 17, 2024 and your dependent child now appear to be a person in Canada without legal temporary resident status. Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.

Every thing on my file is done ( Biometrics, eligibility, medical all pass, Bgc : Info sharing, criminality complete, Security: not yet started), could u please help me with below doubts, im freaked out with so much stress after all this much wait time

1. Has the visa officer gave a chance to restore before his final decision
2. Am i expecting some thing negative output
3. Current status on file : we are reviewing the updated documents, some thing to worry ??

Please do leave ur review comments, it can help me relieve some stress, awaiting your kind reply

Thanks and Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for the reply, here is my situation. Your quick words shall really help me understand better.

Applied for PR , and was waiting for final decision, got ADR for RPRF fee and paid it,
i forgot to extend minor study permit before it expired, Restoration last date is 17th APRIL 2024,
got ADR asking an explanation for out of status 9th April 2024, and immediately applied for restoration and study permit extension and submitted an apologitic explanation ( took a consultation from RCIC lawyer)

below is the note from VO

According to our records, their temporary resident status expired on January 17, 2024 and your dependent child now appear to be a person in Canada without legal temporary resident status. Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.

Every thing on my file is done ( Biometrics, eligibility, medical all pass, Bgc : Info sharing, criminality complete, Security: not yet started), could u please help me with below doubts, im freaked out with so much stress after all this much wait time

1. Has the visa officer gave a chance to restore before his final decision
2. Am i expecting some thing negative output
3. Current status on file : we are reviewing the updated documents, some thing to worry ??

Please do leave ur review comments, it can help me relieve some stress, awaiting your kind reply

Thanks and Regards
I don't know the answers exactly.

It was a poor decision to allow your child to fall out of status. All applicants have to keep their status valid during processing.

Reactions: Naturgrl

kessyg

Oct 3, 2018
india
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Otta2a
I don't know the answers exactly.

It was a poor decision to allow your child to fall out of status. All applicants have to keep their status valid during processing.
Hi
Just now got an update on the GC KEY

Final Decision: April 16, 2024, your file is in prgoress

Called IRCC agent and he said every thing is pass and completed,

is this confirmation of PR ??